PDA

View Full Version : Brave Sentry blocks safe mode startup and internet connection to Safer-networking

peterm38
2006-11-04, 03:41
Hello and thanks for your site,

I was recently infected with Brave Sentry, and think I have managed to largely remove its obvious effects on my machine using Spybot, Adaware, and AGV antispyware. However, I had to do this by downloading Spybot S and D from another software download site, because my internet explorer would not connect to the Safer Networking Site. Additionally, the automatic update function of Spybot S and D would not work on my machine, and I had to download these from the Safer Networking site from another computer.

I suspect that Brave Sentry has corrupted a file somewhere on my system, leading to the inability to access certain sites, and / or sites with addresses containing certain words, such as Spybot, and Safer Networking etc. Has anybody else had this problem, and does anyone know how I can rectify this situation? Does this mean that Brave Sentry is still lurking somewhere on my machine, or is this just a leftover from its previous presence?

Also found that I couldn't start my machine in safe mode, so I have only scanned with Spybot under normal windows operation. When I push F8 during startup I just get a loud beep. Had never tried to start in safe mode prior to this, but I suspect this might be a Brave Sentry intervention also.

Any advice greatfully received,

Peter

tashi
2006-11-04, 04:25
Hi there.

Can you produce the log I referred to so a helper can analyse it?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8629

tashi
2006-11-07, 21:00
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.