PDA

View Full Version : back up

babbax
2006-11-04, 15:59
Hello! I have just installed Spybot-SD 1.4.
After running the first scan, I went to the "back up" section, and didn't find any file in the list. But, in the section "Utility", I can still see the "destroyed" files ("See report", "See previous reports"), as well as I can find them in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Backups". Of course, while installing I asked the program to create a complete back up register.
I don't know if it may help: my computer version is Windows XP 5.1, with Service Pack 2. My firewall is Zone Alarm (free), I have also an other spyware already installed (Ad-Aware SE Personal).
I haven't found on the web someone else with a similar problem, so I decided to register and ask in this forum. I apologize about possible mistakes, since I'm not english speaker and I'm not using an english version of the program. Thank you!
Babbax

md usa spybot fan
2006-11-04, 16:41
The backup of items removed when you do a "Fix selected problems" after a scan can be viewed, restored or purged by going into Spybot > Recovery. There are no Recovery files created during the deletion of tracking cookies. If you only removed tracking cookies than there will be no Recovery files listed.

The Recovery files are stored in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery
The following directory is where the registry backups are stored if they were optionally created during installation:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Backups