PDA

View Full Version : Sun Java update is problematic

Zippo
2006-11-05, 06:51
Hi,

I have a problem, I dont know if anyone faces this before...but after my PC ask me whether I want to download and install the latest Sun Java update (yesterday)...now everytime at startup the Resident Spybot will always ask me whether I want to allow or deny the change to the registry. Even though I say "allow"...yet it seems everytime during startup, it will prompt me whether to allow or deny change.

I dont think this is right behavior, and I'm not a techie person so...how do I stop the Resident Spybot from always alerting me like this? FYI, I did configure the Resident to accept change to registry after following some fixes to that outlined here by a member and its in the sticky here somewhere in this forum (that was some months ago) and since I did that, the Resident never gave me problems after I tell it to "allow" change.

Does someone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks.

Zippo
2006-11-05, 07:11
Update: Now, after I "Deny" change during startup, the Resident no longer alerts me at subsequent startups. I wonder if that is alright for the Sun Java to work properly? Problem appears to have gone away.. :oops:

BTW, the Java update version was jre1.5.0_09

Zenobia
2006-11-05, 23:29
If Teatimer kept alerting you about a change you had already Allowed over and over again at startup,you might just have needed to refresh the snapshot files.It shows how(and explains about snapshot files) in this post:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=15003&postcount=2