PDA

View Full Version : HotsearchBar DLL (NSCMPS.DLL) is part of Office 2000?

andres
2005-12-09, 14:41
Hi,
when I just ran Search&Destroy using the latest update it popped up with "HotsearchBar", Library "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NSCMPS.DLL".. I must say I was quite surprised, considering that I'm really careful with my PC... and therefor before simply going ahead with the fix I checked online and it seemed that this file is actually part of Office2000..
What's next, do I need to report this to somebody else?
Cheers,
Andres

Danny
2005-12-10, 05:30
Hi Andres!
It's the same result for me (NSCMPS.DLL)(it seem to be a part of Office 2000....as you said)...i think is not really a pest......i am gonna wait for some advise.......i don't have any signs of malwares in my computer.....PestPatrol and Ad-Aware don't find any pests........the only think that surprise me it's why now S&D find that in my PC??Office 2000 is installed since a long time ??....nothing is impossible...!:rolleyes:
Bye

tashi
2005-12-10, 12:19
Thank you for reporting, I will bring this to Team's attention.

Danny
2005-12-10, 14:22
Thank you for reporting, I will bring this to Team's attention.
Ok.....i have forget to mention that NSCMPS.DLL is located in

Dans le dossier:C:\Windows\system32
Description:NetShow Channel Manager Administration Proxy/Stub
Entreprise:Microsoft Corporation
Version du fichier:3.1.0.2954
Date de création:2005-12-09 05:39
Taille:62.3 Ko

Thanks again!

Oppressed
2005-12-11, 00:38
This File entry is what I see:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ NSCMPS.DLL

not the system32 one and it appears on my Windows 98SE computer but NOT on my Windows XP one. It was also fixed.

Danny
2005-12-11, 14:18
This File entry is what I see:

not the system32 one and it appears on my Windows 98SE computer but NOT on my Windows XP one. It was also fixed.
...i think your item is not exactly as mine.....do you have Office 2000 installed on your Win 98Se??
edit:do you have Office 2000 on your XP??
Bye

Oppressed
2005-12-11, 17:05
Hi Danny,

I talked to my husband and he thinks we have Office 2000, we have Office for sure. It was put on when our computer was built in 2000 or 2001?

Right now I have near to nothing on my XP computer, except stuff to get rid of stuff ... no Office (or Works anything) except Viewers for Office programs.

Danny
2005-12-11, 17:24
Hi Danny,

I talked to my husband and he thinks we have Office 2000, we have Office for sure. It was put on when our computer was built in 2000 or 2001?

Right now I have near to nothing on my XP computer, except stuff to get rid of stuff ... no Office (or Works anything) except Viewers for Office programs.
Hi
If you want to know the version of your Office,just open Word,...you will see easely the information.............the only think for me is just to wait for a reply of
the Spybot team....
Bye
edit:If you have Office 2000,may be your
is associated with Office.....if you want a good advice,don't delete this one until the Spybot team reply.
edit: (For Spybot team)
My version of Office is:
Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional 9.00.9327
..if it can help you....
Bye

Oppressed
2005-12-11, 18:45
Hi
If you want to know the version of your Office,just open Word,...you will see easely the information.............the only think for me is just to wait for a reply of
the Spybot team....
Bye
edit:If you have Office 2000,may be your
is associated with Office.....if you want a good advice,don't delete this one until the Spybot team reply.
edit: (For Spybot team)
My version of Office is:
Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional 9.00.9327
..if it can help you....
Bye

Hi :(

I already did the fix :eek: but have not tried to use any of the Office Programs since.

(We only use it for the Word & Excel. We were told that we needed the Word to have spell check in Outlook Express? And it was only available in a "bundled" product? Having to get a "justified" high priced "bundle" for a program or two did not thrill me.)

Okay, I checked and when I went to "Word" I saw it is 2000.

Danny
2005-12-11, 19:17
Don't be too sad about the fix you have done...you can reinstall Office after all...if it is necessary.
edit:go see in the "recovery" section of your S&D....maybe you can find this .dll ...and restore it if it needed

Yodama
2005-12-12, 15:32
thanks for reporting,

expect this issue to be fixed with the next update, expected at the end of the week.

Danny
2005-12-12, 15:47
thanks for reporting,

expect this issue to be fixed with the next update, expected at the end of the week.
Ok...if i well understand,it means that NSCMPS.DLL is really associated to Office 2000 and is not pest ?and it will be ignored from the scans after the next update??(sorry if i seem to be confused,but i am french Canadian..i am not very confidant with english language)
Bravo for all the Spybot team for your great work!..great software
Thanks you for your reply!
Danny

Buster
2005-12-12, 17:15
Ok...if i well understand,it means that NSCMPS.DLL is really associated to Office 2000 and is not pest ? Yes!:bigthumb:

and it will be ignored from the scans after the next update??
Yes!:bigthumb:

Danny
2005-12-12, 17:19
Yodama ,tashi and Buster......THANK YOU VERY MUCH !:bigthumb:

Oppressed
2005-12-12, 19:32
Don't be too sad about the fix you have done...you can reinstall Office after all...if it is necessary.
edit:go see in the "recovery" section of your S&D....maybe you can find this .dll ...and restore it if it needed

Thank you for the tip on using the "recovery" section. I did that and the "problem" is back in my Spybot check, until later this week ;)

To the Team Spybot, Thank you for the speedy reply :bigthumb:

Danny
2005-12-20, 19:51
Yes!!..everything is fine!...after this last update detection,this .dll is not seen as a pest.... thank again!

tashi
2005-12-21, 03:38
Good to hear. :)