PDA

View Full Version : Windows Firewall Overide

milljere
2006-11-18, 05:14
Recently I have been unable to enable Windows Firewall. Last time I scanned spybot removed a Windows Firewall Override. After Spybot removed this I was still unable to enable the firewall.

When I try to view firewall settings a message pops up saying: "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall Settings." When I try to enable the firewall by ckicking on recomendations through the security center I get a message that says: "We're sorry The Security Center could not turn on Windows Firewall. To try turning on the firewall yourself, go to Windows Firewall in Control Panel. In the Windows Firewall dialog general tab, select On (recommended), and then click OK." I have tried this and it does not work.

I use AVG Antivirus and it is up to date an scanned. I tried to do a system restore but whatever date I try to restore to it tells me that it was unable to restore and that no settings where changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

milljere

Mr_JAk3
2006-11-20, 19:06
Hi milljere and welcome to Spybot.info :)

Please follow the following instructions -> "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

So follow the instructions and post a HijackThis log to here
(Step 4)

:bigthumb:

tashi
2006-11-26, 08:48
As the information requested has not been provided, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.