PDA

View Full Version : Windows prompt for disk during Spybot scan

whatisit
2006-11-18, 18:47
I am running a desktop with Windows XP Pro (SP2), IE7, Spybot 1.4 and
Sophos anti-virus. I have been using Spybot on this computer for about a
year with no problems. Yesterday I installed the 2006-11-17 Spybot 1.4
Updates, restarted the computer and then ran a Spybot scan. During the scan, at the point when Spybot was scanning for Win32.Lager.aq, the following Windows prompt appeared:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive"

As this prompt appeared the scan stopped running. I chose "cancel" on the
prompt and the scan then resumed. At the completion of the scan, Spybot
indicated that no spyware was found. Next, I ran a complete system scan
for viruses, using Sophos. No viruses were found. I then repeated the
Sophos scan several times, each time with the same result: a Windows prompt for a disk appearing when Sophos was scanning for Win32.Lager.aq. I then proceeded to uninstall and reinstall Spybot 1.4 (along with the Updates).
Next, I ran a Spybot scan several times. The same prompt for a disk appeared each time I ran the Spybot scan.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here and what I can do
about it? Thanks for whatever suggestions you might have.

yakko1947
2006-11-21, 10:47
I have exactly the same problem as " whatisit "; mine started about 3 days ago , hit any button except retry , and scan continues with same results as stated in the other post here .

Have also looked for this Win32.Lager.aq. and found nothing but confusion .
:scratch:

Last problem I ever had with this program was due to corrupted memory , and that has long been fixed , so it can't be due to that .

So what happened now ?? :banghead:

ossip
2006-11-21, 13:16
Hi,

On 43632/53119 (WIN 32 Lager.aq) Spybot stops and prompts to insert
a disc. This happens since the last update about 3 days ago.

Many thanks for clarification,

Regards, ossip

spybotsandra
2006-11-23, 11:54
Hello,

This is a problem which can occur in Windows. Please have a look at this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

yakko1947
2006-11-23, 14:07
All well and good , but the only drive that is labeled as "C" is the hard drive ; and it is not a removable drive .
So this appears not to apply in my case .
So now what ?

Should also add that all was well before this last update .

MisterW
2006-11-23, 15:30
But anyway, is there a removable disk? Perhaps labeled as "D" or "E" ?

AMDx2
2006-11-24, 09:08
All well and good , but the only drive that is labeled as "C" is the hard drive ; and it is not a removable drive .
So this appears not to apply in my case .
So now what ?
Should also add that all was well before this last update .

Ya, I have the exact same problem too!:sad:
I would also agree all was well before last update!;)

Any Suggestions?:D:

AMDx2
2006-11-24, 09:12
:banghead: maybe a re-install of spybot?:scratch:

Nimrond
2006-11-24, 09:13
In my particular case, I'm having this same problem.. This problem has ONLY manifested recently, since I last updated the Spybot less than a week ago from within the program. The error message pops up when the scan is about 5/6th the way through the whole scan, while Running bot-check (43631/50520): win32.Lager.aq

The error box has a title of :
SpybotSD.exe - No disk

The error states:
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk0\DR0

[Cancel] [Try Again] [Continue]

This error does not seem to crop up when the known Windows error mentioned in a suggested posting above seems to indicate, but instead manifests each time,..in a repeatable fashion, and the same point during the scan, as if the Spybot program itself is prompting some sort of search for something it thinks is on a disk somewhere that it needs to additionally access, and is not finding it. Like I mentioned above, this error only began to manifest just recently, after I got an update for the SpybotS&D. Prior to that,..it seemed to be having no problems whatsoever. The product has,..in fact, been running wonderfully up til now...

Nimrond ^_^

AMDx2
2006-11-24, 09:18
maybe its a corrupted file and needs to be re installed?:scratch: file win32.lager.aq ?

AMDx2
2006-11-24, 09:20
I want to try a re install of spybot and see how that goes...

MisterW
2006-11-24, 10:30
Please wait for the next update scheduled for today. We tried to fix some errors and I think your problem should be gone after the next update.

Markus

ossip
2006-11-24, 13:07
Hi,

Habe das letzte Update heruntergeladen, das Problem ist beseitigt.
I run the last update, the problem is solved.

1000 Dank,
Many thanks,

ossip

Nimrond
2006-11-24, 18:25
Just as Ossip says,...I just got the updates today,..and whatever you did looks like it fixed the problem just fine! It got past that particular part of the scan with no errors whatsoever... It makes me glad I donate every time I get a "fruitful update" (one that finds new spyware, or one that fixes problems)... Keep up the great work!:bigthumb:

Nimrond ^_^

yakko1947
2006-11-25, 01:01
Read the forum , checked for & downloaded the latest updates ....and POOF ! ........:bow:..the problem has been resolved . :bow: :beerbeerb:

Thanks guys ! Sorta figured it was a Spybot bug ; but long ago adopted a wait and see attitude .

Starting the long & stressful process of selling house & and moving upstate ( after 58 some-odd years in same house )
:thud: , so this bug did not help one bit .

Will do something for ya soon . :present:

whatisit
2006-11-29, 02:25
The problem was fixed with the 2006-11-24 updates.