PDA

View Full Version : System Startups WINotify.dll causing errors

GuitarGirl
2006-11-20, 04:19
Hi

I have searched this forum and MANY others for help with this problem, and as it appears that only spybot so far has picked up this problem I thought this would be the best place to post! My problem is this...

My friends puter did not have any antivirus protection and it started playing up (surprise surprise) so I installed their Norton antivirus software (yes they had it and didn't use it!) but it took a lot of hard work to get it to update and scan as the bugs were blocking any attempts! I managed to get it done though and between Norton, Spybot & AdAware I removed about 170 bugs/spyware/adware.

The problem is there is still something affecting their startup, so they can turn on their computer and use it for a little bit then it restarts. I went hunting for what could be in their startup that could be causing the problem and in the System Startup on Spybot I found 9 WinLogon's, 3 of which appear to be duplicates and when these are unticked the system runs fine. I have been looking for something to remove these, I found a post somewhere that suggests they are ABetterInternet, but the removal tool for this doesn't seem to work (btw, I have run all scans in safe mode also!). The details of all the WinLogons are as follows - the last three entries are the ones that appear to be causing the reboot:

KEY - VALUE - COMMAND LINE
WinLogon - crypt32chain - crypt32.dll
WinLogon - cryptnet - cryptnet.dll
WinLogon - cscdll - cscdll.dll
WinLogon - ScCertProp - wInotify.dll (note - due to fonts I am unsure as to whether this is an I or an L)
WinLogon - Schedule - wInotify.dll
WinLogon - sclgntfy - sclgntfy.dll
WinLogon - SensLogn - WINotify.dll
WinLogon - termsrv - wInotify.dll
WinLogon - wlballoon - wInotify.dll (again theese could be wlnotify (L/I))

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lynda

pskelley
2006-11-24, 13:34
Hello Lynda and welcome to the forum, sorry for the wait, logs are many and volunteers are few. If you still need help and are not receiving it at another forum, tashi has posted this and other valuable information for you at the top of the page where you posted your log and I suggest you take the time to review all of that valuable information. You need to, at least, follow these instructions.
UPDATED WINDOWS - Your first line of defence, links and tips
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-12-04, 06:57
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original topic starter.