PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Spybot updates

mazda
2006-11-20, 22:14
Could someone advise if it is possible to have automatic updates.

Zenobia
2006-11-20, 22:52
Sort of,you could have it check for updates when the program starts.If you open Spybot,then click mode->advanced mode->Settings,then click settings below that,then in the right pane scroll down to Web Update,you could try checkmarking 'Search the web for new versions at each program start.'(Take note of the warning after you click that and see if it applies to you.).and 'Download updated include files if available online.'

md usa spybot fan
2006-11-21, 00:01
There is also another way that you could try. Schedule a running of Spybot with the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose
Or as an alternative:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose /taskbarhide
For additional information on scheduling parameters that can be used, see the following:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

mazda
2006-11-21, 16:20
Thanks both Zenobia and md usa for your replies. Both seem ever so slightly suck it and see! I had seen previously the command parameters or whatever but I lacked the confidence to go ahead - maybe I will try now, gingerly!