PDA

View Full Version : How to undo a change to the registry

mskathy42
2006-11-26, 10:15
S&D just told me something was trying to do a registry change and I was typing in another program, it decided that meant that I wanted it to do the change, but I dont know what it was or how to undo it. Is there anyone who can tell Me how to change the change or tell what the change was?

Thanks,
Kathy

md usa spybot fan
2006-11-26, 15:24
The actions taken through TeaTimer are recorded in the Resident.log located in one of the following directories:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
To access that log:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make with TeaTimer. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

If you would like to post the change that was made/not made perhaps someone can figure out what was happening at the time of the registry change. To do that:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident > page (scroll) to the bottom of the listing and highlight a portion of the log that shows the change you are questioning, then right click and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the log entries to another post in this thread.