PDA

View Full Version : Versions 2.3, 2.4

dacaldar
2005-12-11, 05:45
Hi - I have Spybot S&D 2.3 installed, haven't used it for along time, and finally decided to run it. First step was to update, and all 4 checkboxes worked on my second try (first try was bad checksum, which is probably due to server overloading, as I read in the FAQ).

Howver, I notice on the downloads page it says that v. 2.4 is the current version.

Should I upgrade?
Is 2.4 full release or "beta"?
Why wasn't I given the option to upgrade from the "updates" run I just did with 2.3?
Do I need to uninstall 2.3 first?

Thanks,
David

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-11, 06:28
Spybot 1.4 is the current release of Spybot. If you are running Spybot 1.3 and it is not a Windows 95 system consider upgrading.

Download sites for Spybot-S&D 1.4:
Four (4) here:
Mirror Selection – The home of Spybot–S&D!
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

I recommend that you uninstall before installing a new version:
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How to uninstall?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html

noel-pr7
2006-05-05, 19:04
Hi - I have Spybot S&D 2.3 installed, haven't used it for along time, and finally decided to run it. First step was to update, and all 4 checkboxes worked on my second try (first try was bad checksum, which is probably due to server overloading, as I read in the FAQ).

Howver, I notice on the downloads page it says that v. 2.4 is the current version.

Should I upgrade?
Is 2.4 full release or "beta"?
Why wasn't I given the option to upgrade from the "updates" run I just did with 2.3?
Do I need to uninstall 2.3 first?

Thanks,
David

dacaldar, Spybot 2.3/2.4 do not exist. I believe you mean Spybot 1.3. yes, you need to un-install version 1.3 and then download & install Spybot 1.4.

tashi
2006-05-05, 20:31
yes, you need to un-install version 1.3 and then download & install Spybot 1.4.
If:

it is not a Windows 95 system consider upgrading.
;)

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-05, 22:41
Well, I'll be damned. And here I thought that when I posted my response (close to five months ago) to a members query that I would try to be a little tactful and just underscore the correct version numbers rather then point the obvious errors in the member's post. Boy was I wrong. Well, shame on me!!!

tashi
2006-05-05, 23:43
:rotfl: MD.

noel-pr7
2006-07-28, 03:44
Well, I'll be damned. And here I thought that when I posted my response (close to five months ago) to a members query that I would try to be a little tactful and just underscore the correct version numbers rather then point the obvious errors in the member's post. Boy was I wrong. Well, shame on me!!!

ah no big deal, md usa spybot fan. you are forgiven :)