PDA

View Full Version : smart adware - need help

skeyewater
2006-11-30, 03:17
I have an adware problem that recognized one site I frequented wxx.eharmony.com. When I hit my bookmark for wxx.eharmony.com it goes to an ad. If I try to go to the spybot website it jumps to the ad. If I try to go to house calls website it jumps to the ad. I've tried running Mozilla, Explorer, and Opera on a USB flash drive to no avail. I downloaded spybot from work and emailed it to myself to run it and I have run Ad-Aware as well. I haven't read about adware like this so need help. Thanks, Greg

skeyewater
2006-11-30, 03:31
It's also learning and taking out new sites. A couple small windows flashed on the screen after I posted on here and then I was unable to return to see what I had posted. I searched my process in task manager and delete several suspicious processes and was able to return to post this.

skeyewater
2006-11-30, 18:13
I went into spybot s&d and messed around in the advanced section cleaning out suspicious stuff and then updated to firefox 2.0 and I seem to be clean now. I don't know how to close this out though.

tashi
2006-12-01, 09:47
Hello.

If you are requesting assistance? please read our sticky topic:

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Also please do not post in other members topics.

Thanks. ;)

tashi
2006-12-06, 21:29
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original topic starter.