PDA

View Full Version : plan a scan on spybot

olemm
2006-11-30, 10:15
if I don't have my computer on at the time the scan is planed it does not run the next time I start my computer? Why?

md usa spybot fan
2006-11-30, 15:44
Spybot uses Windows Scheduled Tasks. Currently if your computer is off, Scheduled Tasks is not running, so when the time comes to run the task it is skipped (missed) until the next scheduled event.

It looks like "start a missed task when the computer becomes available" may be a feature of the Task Scheduler that will be used in Vista. From:
What's New in Task Scheduler
Task Scheduler 2.0
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/taskschd/taskschd/what_s_new_in_task_scheduler.asp

Task settings: You can now prioritize tasks, define multiple instance policies for tasks, start a missed task when the computer becomes available, start a task only if a network is available, restart a task on failure, and set an execution time limit for tasks.
Currently you can set the scheduler to notify you of missed tasks:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks (or Start > Control Panel > click on Performance and Maintenance > then click on Scheduled Tasks).
In the Advanced menu, click Notify Me of Missed Tasks.

olemm
2006-12-01, 12:20
Spybot uses Windows Scheduled Tasks. Currently if your computer is off, Scheduled Tasks is not running, so when the time comes to run the task it is skipped (missed) until the next scheduled event.

It looks like "start a missed task when the computer becomes available" may be a feature of the Task Scheduler that will be used in Vista. From:
What's New in Task Scheduler
Task Scheduler 2.0
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/taskschd/taskschd/what_s_new_in_task_scheduler.asp

Currently you can set the scheduler to notify you of missed tasks:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks (or Start > Control Panel > click on Performance and Maintenance > then click on Scheduled Tasks).
In the Advanced menu, click Notify Me of Missed Tasks.

thank you for some good informations.