PDA

View Full Version : conflicts

raiderxl7
2006-12-01, 01:59
hello im new to this forrum arrangement so if anyone out there could help me with a problem ive been using spybot s&d for over a year now and so far it has beaten all expectations until my registry collapsed by no fault of spybot.

I just read the announcement of norton conflicts with spybot and the troubles with adaware I have since removed norton for its unreliability and inserted bit defender in its place the registry was since fixed by a program called advanced system optimizer

the main problems although are
1 some norton files still come up on scans but can never be removed
so I would apreciate some help to remove them

2aso also has a small spyware scanner as a bonus and at every scan it comes up with a nasty piece of software called my little spy but I think it is a false report because even after formating it still showed up
how do i fix this

3a friend of mine also had his registry collapse and I know how some people feel that registry cleaners and computer optimisers do more harm than good
but I think it is really nessasary that he has one so if any one can recommend a good free safe one would be much appreciated

ive tried the following on my own
error nuker no good
3b software not bad but didnt get the job done
pcmightymax did but after a while licence ran out after ten days and failed

also ive been running adaware and spybot together with no troubles what so ever;) ;)

Terminator
2006-12-02, 12:32
The best one I've ever used is C Cleaner which can be obtained from filehippo.com or ccleaner.com. As long as you get the latest version you should have no problems:D:

PS: if C Cleaner doesn't do the job try running it in Windows "Safe Mode" and try running the "System Internals" option in Spybot.

djpailo
2006-12-02, 21:52
If you need to delete any "yough" files you killbox

tashi
2006-12-02, 22:12
Gentle reminder that killbox is not a tool to fool around with.

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

People using such tools without a proper analysis could make their PC unusable.

Cheers. :)

tashi
2006-12-03, 03:01
raiderxl7 could you provide a log please.

Spybot-S&D Version 1.4 :Systems Supported (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html )

If you do not have version 1.4 please let us know.

Close all browsers
Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available
Check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
Uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.
Now select (near the top) view report.
Click export and in the 'save in' box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.

If you cannot attach the Spybot-S&D log take as many posts as needed, however the instructions given usually produce manageable logs.

raiderxl7
2006-12-07, 12:27
I thank everybody for their suggestions
ive always used c cleaner and its done a beutiful job and I never touch what I dont Know I very much enjoy being part of the team
spybot s&d has always had complete run of my system and I always use it in advanced mode adaware has always run well with it probably because I configured it to play second fiddle to spybot

I do have 1.4 edition and its updates I dont Know if the log will be of any help considering it wasnt spyboy that set off the initial alarms

tashi I read your link and I hope Im nhot a bother Im positive the My little spy was a false positive considering advanced system optimiser was the only program to pick it up and its spyware detecter was part of a package and does not get updates and the monitor.exe it keeps picking up could just be the acer erecovery monitor

ive chased norton right down to the deepest parts of the registery but its still clinging on for dear life but not a real bother

and ive decided to ignore my little spy for the time being until otherwised advised

so heres my log

LonnyRJones
2006-12-08, 22:29
Hi

Norton has tools to cleanup after itself that you might find helpful.
Symantec Removal: http://basconotw.mvps.org/SymRem.htm