PDA

View Full Version : More suggestions

djpailo
2006-12-02, 16:54
Im sure that you are thinking of lots of features to become bundled within your anti-malware package.

One thing I am particularly keen on, is that the memory usage remains low and the scanning engine becomes quicker. Generally with new versions, it means they run slower and scanning takes longer :(

PepiMK
2006-12-07, 09:00
Well, one future thing to reduce memory usage is that the "Tools" section will be taken out of the main executable, and have them available through RunAlyzer alone instead (which already is better in many regards).

Getting slower is something that is part of an eternal struggle - malware gets more complicated and more randomized, so the methods to detect it get more complicated as well. On the other hand if we're lucky we find ways to speed up detection through new technologies. So that's tending to one side sometimes, then to the other. The one factor that's difficult to influence obviously is that the number of malware out there is every-increasing ;)

wk357mag
2006-12-11, 15:47
Suggestion/reguest

with in the Settings --> settings, you add the option to HIDE the tea timer icon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD]
"TeaTimerHide"=dword:00000001

Thankyou for your time

PepiMK
2006-12-11, 15:59
I've seen that in the other feature request topic as well I think. Yes, even though you don't see answers from me there, I read it :laugh:

Not too sure about that one though. One the one hand, it's nice for admins to avoid people play around with it, on the other hand it could be interpreted as trying to hide something, that's why it's more kind of an inofficial option:D:

wk357mag
2006-12-11, 16:01
I've seen that in the other feature request topic as well I think. Yes, even though you don't see answers from me there, I read it :laugh:

Not too sure about that one though. One the one hand, it's nice for admins to avoid people play around with it, on the other hand it could be interpreted as trying to hide something, that's why it's more kind of an inofficial option:D:

yeah, I can see those points. I can making the registry modifications to hide. Thanks again!