PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

quiltmaker
2006-12-05, 00:02
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods: • Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.
• Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.

To change the drive letter assignments in Windows XP, follow these steps: 1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
2. Insert a disk in the removable drive.
3. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
4. Click Disk Management.
5. Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
6. Click the removable drive, click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

I'm not sure how to do this. I keep getting this message "there is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk". #2 says insert disk, what are they talking about here....

can anyone help me.....:oops:

Zenobia
2006-12-05, 06:12
2. Insert a disk in the removable drive.
It would probably be,insert a cd into the removable drive.

spybotsandra
2006-12-05, 09:39
Hello,

There was a bug in our last detections which could cause wrong path references in our software.
The update that will fix it is available now (2006/11/24).

This error could occur or could be caused in some media player software. E.g. if you have played/opened a CD or a DVD and then closed the software. The most media software often tries to open the last reference and this was the media in the drive. This error could occur in the Windows media player as well.

If this error is caused by Spybot-S&D then it will probably be fixed with the update from the (2006/11/24).

If this does not help please have a look at this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137
This is a problem which can occur in Windows.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot