PDA

View Full Version : Slow Computer - Registry Problems?

auspah
2006-12-05, 23:24
Hi all,

As my computer is taking forever to open up web pages, I tried to update my Spybot files before running a test.

The Spybot update kept crashing. It had a dummy spit every time it attempted to download advcheck.dll. The download process locked up, complaining that advcheck.dll was missing.

I found a Registry Cleaner on the net yesterday and ram it. That allowed me to download the advcheck.dll file and update my Spybot. Both Spybot and Ad-Aware now pronounce my computer clear of problems.

My computer still taking a long time to open up web pages. I used the search function and could not find the answers I need. A few questions if I may:

* What prevents my computer from recognising advcheck.dll in the Spybot folder? Malware etc?

* Is there a good Registry Cleaner that you can recommend? Preferably one that provides free checks and also free repairs of the registry. If not, which one should I buy?

* Are there other problems that I may be overlooking? If so, what? I notice that some people have posted reems of text. If anybody needs to see this stuff to help me, how do I acquire this data?

Thanks - AUSPAH

LonnyRJones
2006-12-11, 12:21
Welcome to the forum

I dont recommend registry cleaners, they can couse more harm than good.
SpyBot was finaly able to get updated and you were able to run a check for problems correct ?
Please go here and follow instructions.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Post A Hijackthis log and an online scan report here in this thread.

tashi
2006-12-18, 20:04
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.