PDA

View Full Version : unable start computer in safe mode

paperoga
2006-12-06, 22:07
when running Spybot the search stop midway with a pop up stating Window disk not found pls insert disk...and no way to proceed. I am unable to start cptr in safe mode as it replys\open in normal mode\. Any possible known reason? Thanks

pskelley
2006-12-06, 23:46
Welcome to the forum. I do not know what the problem is, it may or may not be malware? Follow the instructions in these links:
UPDATED WINDOWS - Your first line of defence, links and tips
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Post the results of the antivirus scan and a HJT log as instructed and that information will better help us to see if we can help you. Use "Post Reply" to stay in this same topic.

Thanks

paperoga
2006-12-09, 18:52
pls advise if u need more info thank you

pskelley
2006-12-09, 19:23
Please take the time to read and follow all of the instructions, you appear to have missed these:

Please do not attach infected files!
If a helper requests files they will give you a link to upload them.
All logs should be copy/pasted into topic and not attached unless requested by helper in that format.
Thank you for your understanding.
and these:

1) Run an on-line Anti Virus scan.
Panda Online Scan
Panda ActiveScan
*Note: There are reports you would receive advertisements from the company on a continual basis so be careful which email address is used.
eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
Bit Defender Virus Scan
Trend Micro Online Scan
Housecall For alternate browsers
Thanks

pskelley
2006-12-18, 13:24
No response to the instructions posted since 2006-12-09, 13:23, this topic is closed.

If you need it re-opened please send me or a forum staff member a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.

Anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.

Thanks