PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Automation

Hashmalum
2006-12-07, 22:07
Hello,

I'm trying to automate a scan for my company so I can just email users with a link/batch file that will automatically scan their machine and send a report to me. I know how to get the scan to automate and be silent (/taskbarhide /autoclose /autocheck /autofix), but I don't see any information about generating a log to a specific file and then emailing it to myself. I know that a Fixes.date.time file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs, but is there anyway to make it output to a specifiable location?

Or can anyone tell me if the time on the Fixes file is the time when the scan started or finished?

spybotsandra
2006-12-08, 11:04
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

But please remain that Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
The license agreement is available on: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/spybotsd_license1.html

Corporate users need to purchase a license.
Some more information is available on www.safer-networking.ie.

Using Spybot Search and Destroy on a corporate environment without a license is illegal.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

PepiMK
2006-12-08, 16:38
Oh, and the corporate version allows things like setting up an administrator email address to send reports to, central configuration of schedules which can - thanks to a small stub on the client - be updated by just changing things on the server, etc. ;)

Hashmalum
2006-12-08, 18:47
sandra: I was aware of the command-line switches (as evident in my post) and the advanced mode settings are of no use to me.

I am aware of the licensing issues, this is just a test to see if the idea is feasible in this environment. I will refer the issue of licensing to my supervisor (I am only an intern).

PepiMK: I was not aware that there was a different corporate version. The administrator email is much more efficient than the current hack I have of copying the logs to a public network drive.

Is there a page somewhere detailing any other differences in the corporate version?

bitman
2006-12-10, 16:49
Spybotsandra referenced the Corporate info in her post above.

There is even a Demo version of the Intranet server to try out.

webmedic
2006-12-10, 18:53
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

But please remain that Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
The license agreement is available on: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/spybotsd_license1.html

Using Spybot Search and Destroy on a corporate environment without a license is illegal.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I run a small business and have looked over the license of many of these kinds of things. I still use this product simply because the license looked ok. So a quick question. Is it ok to use this product on my customers systems or not? Since the license was one of the few that looked ok.

spybotsandra
2006-12-11, 10:04
Hello,

Do you charge anything for installing our software?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

webmedic
2006-12-11, 20:27
No of course not. The software is free. When I install it I pass it on for free.

spybotsandra
2006-12-13, 09:16
Hello,

If you install Spybot - Search & Destroy on computers you sell your service, you should calculate this as a service to your customer.
You are not allowed to charge your customer for the program.

As the program adds a value to the computer, you can ask your users/customers to donate to the cause of Spybot Search & Destroy.
We feel that a donation of $2 to $4 for each system is fair.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

webmedic
2006-12-14, 01:42
Ah I see. Well I have to deal with so many others in the area that although I do run a legit shop I don't see the business I used to. Due to this for over a year now I have been seriously considering closing my shop. I have also lowered my fee for cleaning systems just to try and stay affloat.

I have always used this product so if you decide I own some money for that I will do my best to pay it. However in light of your statements I can see I will have to stop using it. I will no longer develope my specialized barts pe plugin. And I will no longer recommend it to my customers. There are other things that work better I just liked SBSD because it would still clean things the others wont do any more.

I'm truly sorry for this. And for your responce. I do understand your position though.

Let me know if you decide I own something. I will gladly pay it. Thanks for the usage of it over the years.