PDA

View Full Version : cant immunize 12 items

michichi
2005-12-12, 13:49
hello :)

running win98se, sbsd 1.4, firefox 1.04, using spywareblaster, ad-aware se, f-secure antivirus 2005 and netgear firewall.

1.when i run -immunize-, it says now (12.12.05) 3851 bad products blocked

2.when i run -check again- i get allways 3839 bad products allready blocked, 12 additional protections possible

3.then i goto 1.

i just cant get these items immunized, nor i know where to look at, what bad products are these

any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Michaela

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-12, 15:14
There appears to be a bug in Spybot 1.4 that causes this problem on Windows 98/98SE/ME systems. The program tries to immunize a few items in registry hives that do not exist on those systems.

Since Spybot normally immunizes the same items in multiple registry hives on Window 2000 and XP systems does not appear that the actual immunization is affected by this problem on Windows 98/98SE/ME systems.

spybotsandra
2005-12-12, 15:15
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

prophet
2005-12-12, 15:27
It would also help tons if you would DL the latest version of Firefox (1.5) it's infallable.

michichi
2005-12-13, 01:39
It would also help tons if you would DL the latest version of Firefox (1.5) it's infallable.

i know i know but! i am working on my thesis, and as 1.04 is working

fine :bow: with all extensions i need

just not brave enough :buried: to experiment now with 1.5 and (not)updated extensions

greetings Michaela ----> i will try that disable/enable solution

mb310
2005-12-13, 20:31
I too had the problem of 2386 products blocked when immunized but when rechecked still 6 remained. The undo and re-immunization did not solve the problem. Win 98se, Firfox 1.5, NIS 2005, SB 1.4

Sorry for the duplicate post but I was not sure if I put the first post in the correct location.....Thanks for your help.

michichi
2005-12-14, 15:34
so finaly i realy got :buried: and installed FF 1.5! :thud:

if you like to know why, you can look here - including some Access Violations with Teatimer too :

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=63379

in everlasting hope :bow: for comming a day of reaching an everlasting peace with my pc

greetings
Michaela