PDA

View Full Version : Immunizing on multi-account (user) XP machine

pthawley
2006-12-08, 19:04
My family machine (XP Home SP2) has accounts for each of us -- 2 adults are administrator roles, kids are not. When I first installed Spybot. I probably am not sure if I was logged in as "owner" or myself with admin role. In any case, when ever I get/immunize for new updates, they only take effect for me. I have to login as each of my family members, immunize separately and run checks under each user account on the machine.

I must be doing something wrong -- is there a way to immunize once and run checks that will cover all the accounts?

Thanks!
Peter

Jim B
2006-12-09, 10:33
The solution I use for this problem is to create a link in the startup folder, with special Spybot command line options so users recieve I full immunisation, without having to go into each user account individualy. Using the correct command line options this process will be carried without any user interaction and is hidden from the user.

I use:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /taskbarhide /autoimmunize /autoclose

Create the shortcut, as above, and put it in the startup folder in the 'all Users' documents and settings in the start menu.

Hope this solves your problem also.

PepiMK
2006-12-10, 17:55
Usually, the administrator account should be able to immunize every user (Spybot-S&D could even immunize accounts of inactive installations). Do you use stuff like encryption of home folders for each user?

Also, since the last update has shown that some people are still running version 1.3, could you check you're running 1.4?