PDA

View Full Version : Latest detection rules update won't download

guns_equal_freedom
2006-12-08, 21:33
Like the title says.
The rest of the updates downloaded.
I get a !!!bad checksum! when I try to download detection rules update.
Tried different servers, tried rebooting, tried shutting off anti-virus/spyware, nothing works.

Fix your f***-up please.

PepiMK
2006-12-08, 23:35
You know, we DO check files on the servers regularly, through a program that repeatedly downloads all updates from all mirrors to check whether they carry the correct files, and whether those files are ok. And except fdor See-Cure #1, which shows quite some load and may react very slowly, but all others have perfect files available.

Oh, and please keep in mind that guns may equal to freedom to you, but they don't allow you to be rude, because that's limiting the freedom of others to enjoin this forum :p:

DrHenley
2006-12-12, 16:01
Hello, new guy here.

First let me say THANK YOU! to the S&D team. :bow:

I would go insane without SpyBot!

This topic is the sole reason I joined this board!

I can relate to guns' frustration. More often than not, I get bad checksums when downloading updates. Today was a rare occasion when I didn't. My workaround is:

Push the "Search for Updates" button
Change servers
Push the "Download Updates" button

It sometimes takes a little trial and error to figure out which server will give you good updates, but there is always at least one that will.

------------------------------------
Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote
- Benjamin Franklin

md usa spybot fan
2006-12-12, 16:46
DrHenley:

The download server can be changed after the "Search for Updates" and before clicking "Download Updates". So if you find a server that works well, you can start by using that server in the future. Also note that if you want (not necessarily recommended) you can select a server and then right click on the button and "Set this server as the preferred download location". If you do that Spybot will select that sever rather than a random server for future updates.