PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer goof

Paul Duffey
2006-12-09, 01:14
When using tea timer for the first time I couldn't see the box contents and checked the wrong one, to deny one of the registry changes. Internet explorer is running without add-ons and I can't use the Internet options because it requires Administrator privileges and I can't get into that. I tried right clicking the tea timer image, but the white and black pages and Registry changes allowed and denied is blank, possibly because I uninstalled and re-installed SD&D. I have now fixed the boxes so I can see what's in them, but can't undo the registry change denial. Help! Paul Duffey

Zenobia
2006-12-09, 02:09
Please open Spybot,click mode->Advanced Mode->Tools->IE tweaks.If there is a checkmark beside Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user),then remove the checkmark,then try opening Internet Options.

What is Teatimer denying?

Paul Duffey
2006-12-11, 00:06
I am unable to get the internet Explorer add-ons & don't know why. The help button shows how to eliminate add-ons, but not how to get them back.

Zenobia
2006-12-11, 06:27
You're using Internet Explorer 7?Do you know how the add-ons became disabled,did you disable and/or eliminate the add-ons yourself,and if you did,how did you do it?
This is from IE7's help file:

To re-enable a browser add-on
Open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, click Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons.
Click the add-on you want to enable, click Enable, and then click OK.

Were you able to open Internet Options?Do/did you get a message something like this?:the operation was cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system Administrator.
Is your account an Computer Administrator account?

Are you still getting Automatic Denials from Teatimer?Are you getting prompts from Teatimer that ctfmon.exe was denied every time you open Internet Explorer after you've rebooted,or anything like that?

Paul Duffey
2006-12-11, 16:17
I tried that, and Manage Add-ons is greyed out on my IE Tools drop down list. I used to get the "requires Administrative account to open" message, but since using Tweak IE and unchecking the Lock IE toolbar, that no longer comes up. I now can use the Internet options to delete cookies, etc. Yes, IE 7.0. No, I'm not getting Tea Timer messages about ctf.mon at all. I seemed to remember that that was the first or second permission requested that I accidentally denied because of not being able to read the content of the button boxes- I could be mistaken about that. I appreciate your help.

spybotsandra
2006-12-11, 16:22
Hello,

This is a little bug in version 1.4: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2005-06-22.html
We have already been able to locate and fix it.

There is a new update for the resident TeaTimer availible:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9474

Aside from the fix of the graphical glitch so many users have been waiting for, there have been some important changes under the hood, which will reduce the number of change dialogs where the user has to decide.
TeaTimer now automatically allows any changes during the installation of other security software which follow the ASCs guideline of code-signing all files, as well as a much improved scan of the files associated with registry changes.

Please delete the files 'RegKeyWhite.sbe' and 'RegKeyblack.sbe' in order to
remove the remembered blocked or allowed registry keys. You will find them
in the folder:

* Windows 95 or 98: C:WindowsAplication DataSpybot - Search &
DestroyExcludes
* Windows ME: C:WindowsAll UsersApplication DataSpybot - Search &
DestroyExcludes
* Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication
DataSpybot - Search & DestroyExcludes

(Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't
find this folder please check your folder properties)

http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Zenobia
2006-12-12, 03:00
Manage Add-ons is greyed out when you run Internet Explorer 7(no add-ons) from System Tools.

Try rightclicking your IE7 shortcut on your desktop or in quick launch,then select Properties,and see what it says in Target.
Is it this?
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Paul Duffey
2006-12-12, 06:52
Yes, that is what it says in IE Properties Target.

Zenobia
2006-12-12, 07:15
Okay,try removing the -extoff part,leaving just "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" there,then click Apply,then Ok.Open Internet Explorer,and see if Manage Add-ons is no longer greyed out.

Paul Duffey
2006-12-12, 14:47
Taking off the extoff took care of getting Manage Add-ons back. Thank you very much for your persistence and excellent help. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, or whatever floats your boat!

Zenobia
2006-12-12, 19:40
You're welcome.Thank you,Happy Holidays to you,too. :)