PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie with a newbie problem...

badatti2d
2006-12-12, 19:12
installed spybot, updated, immunized, rebooted pc...ran spybot, got 5 dso exploits, fixed problem...ran again, found the same problems....what do i do?

Zenobia
2006-12-12, 19:36
What version of Spybot do you have installed?If you're not sure,open Spybot,click Help,then About.And what version of Windows do you have(XP,windows 98,etc.)?

badatti2d
2006-12-12, 21:45
This is the Reader's Digest condensed version of my system... I have an older version of SpyBot, v 1.3 not sure about upgrades...are they free, or do I need to just bounce a check to somewhere for it? (lol)

Compaq Presario Desktop PC
Windows XP, sp2
AMD Sempron 3100+
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
512 MB RAM
Usable Hard Disk Capacity: 160 GB
Security: AntiVir, SpyBot S&D, AdAware

md usa spybot fan
2006-12-12, 22:11
It would appear that not only are you not only running an old version of Spybot (Spybot-S&D 1.3) but somehow you are running with old spyware definition files since DSO Exploit has not been detected in quite a while.

Please consider upgrading to Spybot-S&D 1.4 (it is all free unless you choose to donate).

To upgrading to Spybot-S&D 1.4:

There are four (4) download sites for Spybot-S&D 1.4 here:
Mirror Selection – The home of Spybot–S&D!
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Uninstall Spybot-S&D 1.3: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How to uninstall?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.htmlInstall Spybot-S&D 1.4:
Execute spybotsd14.exe download above.
Do not change the default installation path of:C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Make sure that you update Sptbot-S&D 1.4 before running a scan.

badatti2d
2006-12-12, 22:35
Stepped on up to the luxury class 1.4 version, got all updates, immunized, ran scan..... now I'm all cleaned up, and ready for the kids to get me dirty again....lol I thank all who helped me, and I am glad to have this program running on this system...thanks, also, for the rapid response which led to a quick and painless solution for my obviously not-so-serious problem. :bigthumb: