PDA

View Full Version : Scan Logs

auggief
2006-12-13, 11:37
I ran a scan today and then viewed reports and it was there. However, when I went into the log file on my C drive under Spybot, it showed all the scans of previous dates, but not this last one.

md usa spybot fan
2006-12-13, 17:11
I personally have never experienced a failure to record the log of the scan in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The first Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is created when the scan starts and is updated when the scan completes. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To make sure that the settings in Spybot still indicate to produce these default scan logs:Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
About 3/4 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Log file settings".
Verify that the "Log file settings" are set as follows:
Log file settings
■ Write complete check details to debug file Checks.txt
■ Write complete fixing details to debug file Fixes.txt
■ Include date and time in debug filename (Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt).
□ Overwrite log file if existent (else append to it).
Also, are you aware that if you are viewing a list of files in a folder with Windows Explorer that new files are added to the bottom of the list regardless of the sort order of that list?