PDA

View Full Version : Windows firewall help.

choon
2006-12-17, 02:05
Hi, after scanning with spybot search&destroy I clicked on the button that fixes everything and I didn't untick the thing about windows firewall, now windows firewall has been turned on and it won't let me turn it off, how do I turn it back off?

Thanks very much for any help.

Danny
2006-12-17, 02:31
Hi, after scanning with spybot search&destroy I clicked on the button that fixes everything and I didn't untick the thing about windows firewall, now windows firewall has been turned on and it won't let me turn it off, how do I turn it back off?

Thanks very much for any help.

Hi
Go to the "Recovery" and restore these items...you will find your pc as before the cleansing.....if you can find the item bonded with the firewall just to no delete this one in your next scans....if you have delete this "recovery",you can take a "restoration point " in Windows XP before the operation done with Spybot.It's a surprise to me to hear something between XP firewall and this detection in Spybot ??are you sure it's really Spybot???
Bye

Danny
2006-12-17, 03:34
Don't forget to activate a firewall........no matters which one...it's a big part of the overall protection......and one of the best protection is to have a routeur well configured + a firewall(software) and the rest of the normal protection

choon
2006-12-17, 14:12
I done a system restore and that worked thanks for the replys :bigthumb:

Danny
2006-12-17, 15:41
Don't delete your recovery too fast.....you can keep it for many months.......after this time and after many....many overall verifications of your system you can delete theses backups...
Bye