PDA

View Full Version : atotalsafety.com PROBLEM - Spybot S&D can not detect or delete

eskelund78
2006-12-17, 03:49
Have this problem
Homepage changed to wxx:atotalsafety.com and from what I read about on internet it is a fairly dangerous trojan spying on your net activity and possible passwords etc ... Any one able to help??

Thanks

Shaba
2006-12-17, 10:55
Hi eskelund78

Use this (http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis_sfx.exe) link to get HijackThis.
Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
Browse to that location with windows explorer, and double click on the HijackThis.exe program to run. Choose the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'
That will allow you to save the log to the desktop (or some other place) and leave open a notepad file with the HijackThis log in it.

Now post your HijackThis log into this topic.

eskelund78
2006-12-18, 14:51
Hi Shaba

Thanks, but I actually tried to download new updates from spybot, and it seems they updated a new data string since I wrote about the problem, coz now spybot discovered and removed it .... no more problem.. so I didn't do the hijack .... sorry, would have like to have tested it out

Shaba
2006-12-18, 16:54
Hi

Please send HijackThis log anyway, thanks :)

Shaba
2006-12-25, 11:43
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.