PDA

View Full Version : Panda finds 3 viruses in my niece computer help!

WillyT
2006-12-17, 22:23
Hello guys,

i ran a bunch of programs in my niece computer including SSD, adaware, bit defender, trend micro online, etc. But when i ran Panda online it still finds 3 hacking tools. Any suggestions? Here is the report. Thanks for the help.

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/cydoor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\cd_clint.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:application/myway Not disinfected c:\program files\MyWay
Adware:adware/sidesearch Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\YG\Application Data\Lycos
Adware:adware/wintools Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/quickbrowser Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/dyfuca Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/twain-tech Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/ieplugin Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/blazefind Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/navhelper Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/adtomi Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/favoriteman Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/keenvalue Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:spyware/clearsearch Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Back Off!!!!\Cookies\back off!!!!@atwola[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\YG\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\4296kr56.slt\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\YG\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe
Adware:Adware/Adtomi Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\moneya1l.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe

tashi
2006-12-17, 22:41
Hello.

Is this the same computer as the one here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9491

In order to receive assistance, please follow our forum procedure as posted in this sticky topic: "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then a helper will assist you as soon as available to do so. :)

WillyT
2006-12-18, 22:44
No Tashi. That was my own personal computer wich now appears to be totally clean. This is the computer of one of my nieces that she got infected and I've being trying to clean it out. I have followed all the setps on the stickies before posting. I ran most of the fixes including smitfraud, combofix and Vundo fix. Also ran a few antiviruses since not one finds everything but then when I ran Panda it finds some hacking tools things in there. I looked at the report and saw it mentions smitfraud and "Myway" folders. I am not sure if Panda is seing the fixes or those are disguised viruses. I will try deleting the suspected files, and see what happens. Thanks

WillyT
2006-12-20, 13:26
Hello guys,

I deleted the suspected files and ran the Panda scan again. it appears that that was the solution. the smitfraud fix was one of the culprits. This thread can be close now. thanks for the help guys. :bigthumb:

LonnyRJones
2006-12-25, 09:41
Hi

All is well now ?

by the way these were false positives
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\YG\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe

=========
You delete these correct ?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\moneya1l.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cd_clint.dll
c:\program files\MyWay
C:\Documents and Settings\YG\Application Data\Lycos

tashi
2007-01-02, 18:25
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original topic starter.

Happy New Year. :)