PDA

View Full Version : Resident (TeaTimer) Won't Stay Disabled

ohmyhead
2005-12-13, 19:28
Hi. I've seen the threads about the corrupted TeaTimer popups. But I would like to just disable it on the machines here that had S&D installed using TeaTimer. But when I do that (Tools > Uncheck Resident), upon restart, Resident is once again checked. There is no APPLY button or anything to help S&D remember my choice. Or it may be a permissions thing as the users have little or no permissions to do anything. Is there a back way to resolve this? Thanks in advance for any help. No help...and I shoot this dog. :bigthumb:

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-13, 19:51
What you did should have worked. Are you running any software (other than TeaTimer) that may be preventing the removal of the following registry entry?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\TeaTimer.exe"
Stopping TeaTimer from running:
Make sure that TeaTimer is not running by checking for the TeaTimer System Tray Icon. If the icon is there:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident. TeaTimer should close.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident
Uncheck (if checked) the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Note: The startup entry for TeaTimer is normally stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER so this procedure must be repeated for each user that activated TeaTimer.

ohmyhead
2005-12-14, 18:37
Note: The startup entry for TeaTimer is normally stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER so this procedure must be repeated for each user that activated TeaTimer.

Thanks for your response! Yeah, I'm running BitDefender 8 as well. There seems to be a bit of nastiness between the two. And thanks for the reg key. I will see to that right away.

And finally, I love Spybot. LOVE it. Hell, I'd even marry it if I we both lived in West Virginia. :D