PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Firewall problem: suspected malware

stinger
2006-12-19, 15:24
Had problem with Smitfraud-C, managed to have it removed by following advice in some of the threads. Spybot also managed to eliminate whatever problem except this one. My broadband connection only lasts for a few minutes (up to 10 mins at times, depends on my luck) before it gets disconnected, but when I click on the internet connection icon at the taskbar, it will not respond. My whole taskbar will suddenly "transformed" - the font and colour will change and after one cycle will revert back to its original state, except I get no response when I click on the Internet Connection icon to reconnect my broadband.

It gets weirder as I get the message: "Windows cannot display Internet Connection Firewall settings because the associated service is not running. To fix this problem, open Control Panel (switch to Classis View if you are not already using it), double click Administrative Tools........."

The problem is when I tried to access the Internet Connection Firewall settings, this message appears again......

This problem is driving me nuts as I could not find any solution....would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you.

pskelley
2006-12-22, 13:45
Welcome to the forum, a google of: "Windows cannot display Internet Connection Firewall settings" returns a lot of information about your problem. See what you can find there.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-16,GGLG:en&q=Windows+cannot+display+Internet+Connection+Firewall+settings

If you believe this has something to do with malware, then follow the directions at this link:

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-12-27, 12:22
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.