PDA

View Full Version : Foxit Creator/Smitfraud c

phil66
2006-12-20, 00:50
Upon applying the latest update to Spybot search and Destroy and scanning

I recieved a smitfraud c threat in path:

C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp\registration.exe

Registration.exe file also exist in Foxit>Creator

Foxit states this file is not spyware and it is probably a Spybot false positive.

It is used to register the creator software

Your comments Please

phil66
2006-12-21, 04:52
Any moderators on this forum

Really would like a response

tashi
2006-12-21, 06:15
Hello.

I will bring your topic to the Team's attention. :)

Buster
2006-12-21, 09:11
Hello Phil66,

please send an email to detections(at)spybot.info and attach the register.exe file. A subject like "Smitfraud-C. FP" would help to get this fixed quite soon. A bug report would be nice, too. To do so, just right-click into Spybot´s result window and select "Save full report to file..." and attach it to the email. Thanks in advance.:bigthumb:

Peter Pan
2007-02-23, 23:41
Hi, I'm a French guy so be indulgent for my English ;)
With Foxit PDF Creator installation, I got the same registration.exe file which has been copied in a program sub-directory but still remains in user temp folder.
After Spybot (false?) detection, I simply deleted the one in the temp folder (to the bin) and keep the other one (because I might register to Foxit Software) and that seems to be OK because Spybot doesn't detect anything anymore.
In case Phil66 sent you a bug report, have you confirmed the false positive status?
I will send you the registration.exe file by email with subjectlike "Smitfraud-C. FP" as you requested.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards to the whole team and all users.