PDA

View Full Version : Manual updates

Lazarix
2006-12-21, 13:00
Hi guys. I currently have spybot running on my PE disk that i use for testing machines for scandisk/antivirus and antispyware. I have basically created a batch file that allows me to pull updates for mcafee dat files and extracts them into the mcafee dir, so the antivirus is kept up to date.
For spybot, i have managed to create a batch file which deletes any files it finds in spybots update folder, and download the updates from the website and copies them to the update folder.
I have looked at the update process from the program, and i saw that it creates the files advcheck.dll, install-advc.ini, tools.dll and install-tools.ini
I was just wondering how i might be able to get my batch automation to work, because i know there is a few more steps to updating spybot than just downloading the updates into the update folder and hoping it will work.
Even if it is just a matter of extracting the files into certain directories, i would be happy to automate that, i just need to know what to do :)

Any help?

LaZ

PepiMK
2006-12-21, 13:11
Hmmm... with DLL updates, that's really a problem I think... for the "normal" files, our PE-adjusted version (should make that available I guess, currently its probably only available through the c't magazine - Spybot link on this page (http://www.heise.de/ct/ftp/projekte/pebuilder/)) is already able to download detection updates to the RAM disk and use them from there.

Lazarix
2006-12-22, 10:53
i'm really just looking for an automated process to download the updates and apply them to spybot. surely there must be a way?