PDA

View Full Version : Pest Capture

DremoraLord
2006-12-27, 15:21
Hey guys.
I have a problem.. i had my Pc infected with trojan Zlob..
I used a program to scan it .. and removed it manually .. but There's just one problem left...
There was one Pest i couldn't remove .. and as you can see it's pest capture.. It keeps bugging me with the warning message..
I found Spybot on the internet .. updated it to 12/22/ and it still can't solve the problem.
Can you help please?
P.S. I've read some posts ... on this forum and i think you guys are great.. you're doing a great job .. keep it up.

spybotsandra
2006-12-27, 15:35
Hello,

Please send us your *complete* Spybot bug report: Run Spybot-S&D, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools --> View Report". Tick on all of the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)pybot.info.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DremoraLord
2006-12-27, 17:34
I'm using Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
The thing is .. it found 1 problem .. but it wasn't it .. it was just a stupid cookie !!
I know that pest capture is in my pc cuz i tracked it down with another program .. but i had to buy it .. so i could delete it ..
Spybot just won't find it .. and are you sure that isn't .. detections@Spybot.info ?

spybotsandra
2006-12-27, 17:44
Hello,

Sorry, i forgot the "s".

Although nothing is present after a scan we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

May i ask which software you have bought?

There are also dubious anti-spyware tools.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DremoraLord
2006-12-27, 19:58
I haven't bought any software .. just scanned with it .. that's why i said i manually removed it .. could you help me pls? :)
Oh and the pest didn't come with that software..
It's called SpyHunter ...
I've already sent the Bug report .. have you received it ?

tashi
2006-12-27, 20:13
Hello.

spybotsandra is in a different time zone and won't be back until late tonight.

However, regarding SpyHunter:

Note on Enigma SpyHunter: Enigma's SpyHunter anti-spyware application was listed on this page primarily because of the company's history of employing aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). The company was also known for exploiting the name "spybot" in its domain names and online advertising. These objectionable business practices were employed primarily from late-2002 to mid-2004.

Sometime during summer of 2004 the company halted the most obnoxious and objectionable aspects of its online advertising. It also unloaded all the "spybot" domains (which were promptly picked up by Paretologic for its XoftSpy anti-spyware application).

While there are still unresolved allegations that SpyHunter transmits the Windows Product ID from users' PCs (1), we can no longer classify this application as "rogue/suspect." Nonetheless, SpyHunter -- at least in its current state -- cannot be recommended because of its mediocre performance as an anti-spyware scanner. Testing indicates that it does not recognize some well-known spyware installations and has difficulty removing critical spyware/adware files even from those it does recognize (1). Given the many excellent competing anti-spyware applications that are available (some for free), users would do better looking elsewhere for trustworthy anti-spyware protection.

Domains: enigmasoftwaregroup.com, spywareremove.com, uninstallxupiter.com
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#notes)

I have yet to see anyone in the security community recommend it.

News from 2004.
Big fake warning.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2004-02-05.html

Cheers.

DremoraLord
2006-12-27, 20:59
Damn .. bastards ... how can they do such a thing ?
.. and regarding my problem .. i've already uninstalled SpyHunter shit ...
And from what i've seen .. the Pest Capture thing came from Trojan Zlob !..
Some websites also say that it usually goes with this trojan... and .. i mean .. every trojan that i had displayed some warning message..
I'm now waiting for sandra to reply :(

spybotsandra
2006-12-28, 10:38
Hello,

I am sorry, but i do not see any report here.
Did you used a different address or name?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DremoraLord
2006-12-28, 11:24
Well i used this address Exacly !
detections AT spybot.info

Just as it's written.Oh .. and my e-mail address is Removed
YOu must have received it if i wrote your address corectly.

spybotsandra
2006-12-28, 11:47
ah ok.....

found it...... :)

DremoraLord
2006-12-28, 13:23
Thanx a lot ... oh .. i don't mean to be rude or anything but .. i have to know..
How much do you think it will take to examin the log .. and find a solution ? :(

spybotsandra
2006-12-28, 13:48
Hello,

I have already send you an answer. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DremoraLord
2006-12-28, 14:09
Well .. my pc can't be clean since i get the warning message which directs me to their website all the time .. i'll use the new program and send you the log right away.

Also .. i have to say this .. When i first found pest capture on my pc ..
It was located somewhere in C:/Documents and Settings/MyUser/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/etc...

I tried to delete everything in that folder but it kept appearing..

spybotsandra
2006-12-28, 14:29
Hello,

Found one file to delete.
I send it in the mail right now.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DremoraLord
2006-12-28, 14:47
That ActiveX object was the original problem .. and i thought i had removed it completely ..
Allthought something was still there.. it was not the Pest ... :(
I guess there's nothing else to do now ..
Oh .. i'll send you a print screen with the Warning message i get all the time.

DremoraLord
2006-12-29, 00:12
Oh man oh man ... :(
if there's nothing else to do .. at least tell me pls :) cuz i keep opening this page every 20 minutes for a reply :P

DougH
2009-01-14, 09:30
Hello.

spybotsandra is in a different time zone and won't be back until late tonight.

However, regarding SpyHunter:

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#notes)

I have yet to see anyone in the security community recommend it.

News from 2004.
Big fake warning.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2004-02-05.html

Cheers.

Isn't this all out of date. Enigma Software (not just SpyHunter) is used by many multinationals these days. I have had my people do some serious investigations into them and can find no evidence of bad practices