Thread: Black List

Default Black List

Hello

How Can I Delete Or Remove A Program
    From The Teatimer Black List

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If you checked "Automatically kill this process" during a process termination dialog the information concerning that entry it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically teminate the same process in the future. To edit this information in TeaTimer 1.4:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked processes" (black listed items). You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.

If I misinterpreted what you were asking and you want to eliminate a particular malicious program from being detected, you must add it to the White List by checking "Allow this process to run (NOT RECOMMENDED)" and then OK when you get the Process Termination dialog.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-01-01 at 17:02.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Ok, but what if I accidently archived my list? how do I fix it?

laketaco:

Are you talking about the listing of TeaTimer's activities that is displayed when you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident?

Can I also assume that you clicked on the "Archive log" button at the top of that screen?

If so, that listing:
    1. Has nothing to do with the functioning of TeaTimer's "White & Black List" that eranp appeared to be concerned with.

2. The information displayed on that page is contained in the Resident.log file stored in one of the following folders:

• Windows 95 or 98:
        C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\ Logs
      • Windows ME:
        C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

When you click the "Archive log" button the file is renamed to Resident.yymmddd-hhmm.log (where yymmddd-hhmm is the date and time the log was archived) and a new Resident.log file is created when there new activity to record.

To access the archived log, either:

1. Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Resident.yymmddd-hhmm file that contains the desired information. Select it (highlight it) and then Open it (or just double click on it).

2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Resident.yymmddd-hhmm.log file in one the folder list above for your operation system. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

ok thank you just wonderin

Unhappy Great ... but what if I don't have TeaTimer in my system tray?

I don't have TeaTimer in my system tray - only Spybot SD Resident - so I still can't access the black list. Is there another way?? I've been trying to get rid of this problem for an hour and a half on my own....

Spybot-SD Resident in the system tray is Teatimer.

Esteemed Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    I don't have TeaTimer in my system tray - only Spybot SD Resident - so I still can't access the black list. Is there another way?? I've been trying to get rid of this problem for an hour and a half on my own....
    If you have Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3, that version of TeaTimer Resident didn't have the Right-click 'Settings' selection available, it's only included in the Spybot S&D 1.4 version and later.

Bitman

Default Same problem

I have the same problem of not being able to locate TeaTimer (I want to change manually the Black List). The Resident that appears in the Tools only shows the log and does not respond to "right click". My SpyBot SD version is 1.4.

Any advice?

davnon:

Look in the System Notification (System Tray) area of the taskbar for TeaTimer icon. The TeaTimer icon will say "Spybot-SD Resident" - "1172 processes blacklisted" when you pass your cursor over it (see attachment in this post: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...&postcount=10). Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List".

If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes. To edit this information:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.