Thread: SDHelper.dlll Crashes IE7

Default SDHelper.dlll Crashes IE7

I recently installed IE7. Ocassionally IE 7 will shut down. The shut down window identifies the culprit for the crash as SDHelper.dll. I see this file in my list of add-ons. I do not really want to disable this add-on because I want the protection it offers. But I feel that I may have no choice. I know of other people experiencing the same problem. Is there a patch for this?

Hello,

Some users e-mailed us that they have experienced compatibility problems with the Internet Explorer 7 and Spybot - Search and Destroy.
    In detail, there were problems with freezing/not responding of our software and also problems with the SDhelper of Spybot - Search and Destroy that won't work correctly.
    Currently, we are working on this issue and try to find out what the problem might be.
    We hope that we will solve this problem very soon.
    There will be a new SDHelper, please be patient.

Further, you will find more infos and other users' experiences regarding this point in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...8286#post48286
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8492

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by rwinegar View Post
    I recently installed IE7. Ocassionally IE 7 will shut down. The shut down window identifies the culprit for the crash as SDHelper.dll. I see this file in my list of add-ons. I do not really want to disable this add-on because I want the protection it offers. But I feel that I may have no choice. I know of other people experiencing the same problem. Is there a patch for this?
    I have been having this same problem. I didn't see there was a forum until after submitting a bug report. Sorry.