Thread: Framedyn.dll

Default Framedyn.dll

I get an error message when I start Spybot that Framedyn.dll cannot be found and the application will not start. However the application does start ok every time after that. I have searched this forum and found no other posts like this. I am using the latest version 1.4 on WIN XP machine.

Thanks. Annoying but not stopping me from using the tool.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The problem is usually caused by a bad path. Please read the following Microsoft Knowledge base article:
    "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;319114

Also see:
    framedyn.dll not found, loads anyway
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2458

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Tried one of these

I tried the first step from the Microsof tKnowledge base.
    The next step has to change the variable "path" I have that variable in there with quick time in it. Should I make a new variable named the same, or delete the quick time information under the "path" variable.

Whe I did a search for this, all I found was one post. I see there are several now. I must have not pressed the search button hard enough. I will look through some of the previus posts to see what I can do.
    thaks

Working ok now.
    Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I'm glad you got the problem fixed.

Are there any suggestions that you have for other people experiencing the same problem in the future that may help them?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.