Thread: Can Spybot post to app event log?

Default Can Spybot post to app event log?

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Just have a quick question about Spybot SD. Is it possible for Spybot to write the output of the scan (ie either success or threats found) to the application event log?
    Jasmine

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jmccourt:

If I understand your question correctly, the outputs of both scans and fixes are automatically posted by default to logs.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

By default the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

There are two methods to access that information:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that you interested in viewing, highlight it (left click) and Open it (or just double click on it).
    • Method 2
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

On the other hand if you are suggesting that the scan/fix results be posted under "Application" events in the Windows System "Event Viewer", I can not answer your question.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.