Thread: Can no longer Download updates?

Default Can no longer Download updates?

Seems I can now no longer download updates. It will show the Updates but then I attempt to D/L I get: Error Cannot open AVI. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program(which is now worse becuase its now even MORE out of date) that did not fix it
    Thanks in Advance
    INSTY

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There have been another reports about "Cannot Open AVI".
    Is does not appear that there is a solution yet.

If you are unable to get the updates using the integrated update facility, you can manually download and execute an update file from safer-networking.org:
    • Detection updates 2005-12-09 - product description
      md5: 37716E587907ADD1C25F39FC6591147E

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

This manual update file is updated around the same time that the updates are made available via the integrated update facility. The description changes on the download page but the download url remains constant.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Okay thanks tho I already D/L that and if I check for updates after installing it is still showing updates. I see this is an issue Im thinking it may have to do with Visual Styles as I recently changed the look of my desktop. Might be worth looking into