Thread: trouble with Spybot starting up.

Default trouble with Spybot starting up.

G'day, I have been using S&D on my home PC (Win XP) for some time now and think its a beaut program and have never had any hiccups with it until...... yesterday I installed it on my works PC (also Win XP) as I thought it was way over due for a scan of spyware as I dont know of it ever having one. After I installed it I found that I continually ran into this problem where it just wont load up to do the scan.
    The S&D resident sits happily in the taskbar and looks as though it is ready to go but it never loads. I have reinstalled it several times, done a full virus scan (even in "Safe Mode") thinking that a trojan or some virus is killing it from starting, and even my company's IT guru couldnt figure it out after nearly an hour of torment until we both gave up. My conclusion to this was to register to this forum for a possible answer.

To put it simply the task manager tells me that "Tea Timer" has loaded (also indicated by it's icon on the taskbar) and when I attempt to start S&D the small loading window that appears loads about 20% and then it disappears. Same happens when I look at the task managers motions, S&D appears for about 2 seconds and then gone. This happens repeatedly.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Any ideas to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mv331

BTW... this information may help.

Home PC - P4 3Ghz HT; 512M RAM; WinXP SP2; NOD32 antivirus.

Work PC - P4 3.2Ghz HT; 1Gb RAM; WinXP SP2; Symantec corporate AV.

cheers,
    mv331