Thread: TeaTimer warns registry change deleting SDHelper.dll BHO Object everytime I update??

Question TeaTimer warns registry change deleting SDHelper.dll BHO Object everytime I update??

Hello,

I am getting a strange Teatimer warning everytime I update Spybot detections. This just recently started happening on my last few updates. It pops up a warning:

Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed:

Browser Helper Object
    Value Deleted
    {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}

Checking my registry, this is the SDHelper.dll, a part of Spybot (BHO). It does not allow me the option to "deny" the change. It is greyed out. If I just click the "x" to close the box, it comes right back up again. The only way for me to get rid of the dialogue box is to CTL-ALT-DEL & close from there.

I'm not sure what SDHelper does exactly, but I don't want to delete it do I?...and why is this happening?

Thanks,
    LTS11

Esteemed Member

Did you install Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1 a few weeks ago? I noticed that my problem with this disappeared when I updated to Windows Defender (Beta 2) just recently. I don't know what exactly is causing it, but it's obviously an interaction with something in the Real-time portion of the program.

Windows Defender fixes or improves a couple interactions with Spybot S&D such as Immunize (Trusted Sites) and Hosts protection and is quite improved internally itself. However, the interface is significantly changed including the removal of some of the Tools (Explorers), which some haven't liked.

Question TeaTimer warns registry change deleting SDHelper.dll BHO Object everytime I update??

Thanks for responding.

I've never downloaded "Microsoft AntiSpyware" at all. I already have enough spyware, etc. programs running. And I don't even know what "Windows Defender" is. What is that?

Anyway, with the absence of either of these programs on my computer, any other suggestions, from anyone?

Thanks,
    LTS11