Thread: Problem with blocked pop ups

Default Problem with blocked pop ups

Dear all
    I'm a newcomer to this forum, I hope you can help me
    This is the situation:

1. I executed spy bot
    2. I click on 'solve selected problems'
    3. Since then, I have blocked pop ups
    4. However, in order to access some sites, I need to have pop ups activated (that is, no blocked)
    5. I tried to unblock pop ups in MI Explore, Opera, and Norton, but they are still blocked (that's the problem for me)
    6. Maybe, I have eliminated when using spybot an important file (I remember it detected some files simmilar to this (but not the same): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0
    7. I tried to recover these files, but I couldn't
    8. Plese, could anyone help me with this problem? How could I deblock pop ups?
    Thank you so much!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I personally don't know what you could have fixed that would have caused the blocking of your pop-ups. However, if you post the log from when you did the "Fix selected problems" that caused the problem, perhaps someone will be able to help you.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

I suggest that you post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file from when the problem first started.

Two methods to copy and post that information:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from when the problem first started. Open it. To copy to the Clipboard > highlight the portion you want to copy (or Right click and select Select All) > Right click > Copy. Then paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the clipboard to another post in this thread.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > highlight the portion you want to copy (or Right click and select Select All) > Right click > Copy. Then paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the clipboard to another post in this thread.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default The fxes

Thank you, md!
    These are the fixes. I see some Microsoft security files (ups! Maybe I pressed the wrong key!)

--- Report generated: 2007-01-19 15:09 ---

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Configuración (Cambio en el registro, fixed)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify: Configuración (Cambio en el registro, fixed)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled: Configuración (Cambio en el registro, fixed)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc\Start!=W=2

Avenue A, Inc.: Cookie de seguimiento (Internet Explorer: PepeReal) (Cookie, fixed)

DoubleClick: Cookie de seguimiento (Internet Explorer: PepeReal) (Cookie, fixed)

HitsLink: Cookie de seguimiento (Internet Explorer: PepeReal) (Cookie, fixed)

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.4 (build: 20050523) ---

2005-05-31 blindman.exe (1.0.0.1)
    2005-05-31 SpybotSD.exe (1.4.0.3)
    2005-05-31 TeaTimer.exe (1.4.0.2)
    2006-11-23 unins000.exe (51.41.0.0)
    2005-05-31 Update.exe (1.4.0.0)
    2007-01-15 advcheck.dll (1.2.1.0)
    2005-05-31 aports.dll (2.1.0.0)
    2005-05-31 borlndmm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2005-05-31 delphimm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2005-05-31 SDHelper.dll (1.4.0.0)
    2007-01-02 Tools.dll (2.0.1.0)
    2005-05-31 UnzDll.dll (1.73.1.1)
    2005-05-31 ZipDll.dll (1.73.2.0)
    2007-01-19 Includes\Cookies.sbi (*)
    2006-10-06 Includes\Dialer.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\DialerC.sbi (*)
    2006-10-06 Includes\Hijackers.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\HijackersC.sbi (*)
    2006-10-06 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\KeyloggersC.sbi (*)
    2004-11-29 Includes\LSP.sbi (*)
    2007-01-12 Includes\Malware.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\MalwareC.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\PUPS.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\PUPSC.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\Revision.sbi (*)
    2006-10-06 Includes\Security.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\SecurityC.sbi (*)
    2006-10-06 Includes\Spybots.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\SpybotsC.sbi (*)
    2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
    2006-10-06 Includes\Trojans.sbi (*)
    2007-01-19 Includes\TrojansC.sbi (*)

I see nothing that you fixed that should cause problems with pop-ups.

Is it possible that you immunized, started the resident SDHelper Browser Helper Object (BHO) or added Spybot's HOSTS file and that is causing the problem?

If did any of those things, try undoing them and see if it helps;
    • Immunization.
      • Go into Spybot > Immunize
        • Click "Undo" button (at the top)
    • SDHelper Browser Helper Object (BHO)
      • Go into Spybot > Immunize
        • Uncheck (if checked) the following:
          "Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer"
    • Spybot's HOSTS file
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file
        • Click the "Remove Spybot S&D hosts list" button (at the top)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Dear Md
    I've done what you have recommended me. However, things are still the same (pop-ups I need do not appear). There is another situation I've discover, maybe this may help. When trying to to send a document with electronic signature, MS Explorer doesn't allow me to do that. It seems that the process need to install an Active X control, but the system doesn't permit this option (despite I've deactivated the corresponding options in Spybot S&D).

Maybe it is a question of what's going out from my computer, and not what's coming in. Does it help you?

Thank you so much for your patience.

Dear Md
    Thank you for your recommendations. Problems have disappeared
    Thank you so much!!

jrealdato:

If you know which portion of Spybot's protective features that you had to disable to allow the pop-ups that you need or better still the urls of the pop-ups that you need, we may be able to limit your exposure to other malware.