Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Bitman's post and GcRez's Suggestions . . .

More of these informative messages would be GREAT. Not knowing what questions to ask nor what info I need or would like to know of is a bit of a handyCrap. Thanks to gcRez and the suggestion with Bitman's reply I now have some idea as to how to use this very SPECIAL software a little more efficiently. One of these days POW!! I will suddenly awaken and do better.

Quote Originally Posted by bitman
    Open Spybot S&D 1.4;

• Select Advanced Mode, read the warning message if this is your first time.
    • Select the Tools button on the lower left.
    • Select Process List in the left pane.
    • In the right pane, laft click a process to highlight it, then right click it.
    • Note the 'Kill process' selection in the context menu.

There are lots of such features hidden in Spybot S&D, primarily to protect those who really don't understand how to use them or how dangerous they can be.

Once you've read every help message on every screen and right clicked within or on items in every screen you'll have seen most of what it can do. Then you can start asking questions in the Spybot S&D forum about things it might be nice to add, unfortunately the old thread full of such suggestions was lost with the rest of the old Net-Integration Forum last week.
    Maybe a thread for Tips & Tricks/w some hidden tools to make your Progy more useful for us DUMMIES. Slow learners, unenlighened, lightning rods, or just plain stupids.

Thank you for this info,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Lightbulb skin suggestions

I think the skinner for spybot which is available for optional download on this site is a great utility. However, if it had a preview area where you could see how color choices would affect the skin before saving it, skinning would become much easier and conflicting colors could be reduced.

Also, I wonder if Team Spybot might have a little area on their site where good spybot skins by users could be made available for all spybot users as optional download.

Lituus.

Thumbs up new tutorials / f.a.q's source opening soon

I plan on opening my own source of info on SpyBot Search and Destroy, as I think this program deserves every bit of support/promotion it can get.

this will be located here:

http://murdo.digitalicedesigns.com

If anyone would like to help with this project, feel free to contact me!

S&D info project:
    • Tutorials (complete with screenshots / movies?)
    • F.A.Q's (a locked source of all the more common questions)
    • Updates / Patches (download database with latest definitions / patches / tweaks)

Arrow *f*i*r*e*f*o*x*

FIREFOX IS AWESOME! And I need "immunization" for firefox. I haven't used IE for ages! Spyboy needs a firefox update to protect cookies--etc.

felipe

Perhaps you should post it at Spybot-S&D Beta-->suggestions sticky. I agree with you, as more people are starting to use firefox, spybot should include a firefox protection like spywareblaster.

Actually, Firefox lets you delete the unwanted cookies and it will not allow them back in. If you click on 'Tools' + 'Options' and hit the privacy tab, you will want to hit the 'View Cookies' button and click on each one you do not want and select 'remove cookie' (basically anything that says AD), if it says for example... msn.com then you want to keep it. Anything questionable, you would be best to get rid of. Afterwards, Firefox will not allow that specific bug back onto your system. I'm with you, those who are not using Firefox are being maimed.

Edit* make sure that the 'unless I have removed cookies set by site' box checked in your 'Privacy' tab.
    Last edited by prophet; 2005-12-12 at 04:46.

Yeah. I could do that. But then I wouldn't need spybot. :D And my donations would go to waste.

Any way a "moderator" can move this thread to the "s/d beta" section?

WHAT!? Of course you would still need S&D. That's just ludacris.

Exclamation I have loads of ideas.

I have loads of ideas, so please get back to me A.S.P. I have about 59-65 ideas to improve Spy-bot. If y0ou don't i will make your program, not very good, because your competor is Micosoft. My ideas come from them, becasue I really don't like them. if you put these ideas to work it will make your program work a lot better.

cookie managing extensions for Mozailla Firefox 1.5
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...059&highlight=