Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

You can specify /silent (or the "bigger" /taskbarhide) on the command line to skip this warning
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Seems like I'm facing another problem PepiMK. I'm sure, if this has been mentioned before (if it was it was regarding 1.5.2.20)... It seems to me that TeaTimer (1.6.0.30) is using around 50 CPU (I'm not sure if this is how you say it) when Windows loads my account and uses around 40MB of memory.

I took a look again after one hour after bootup and TeaTimer is still consuming the same amount of resources as it did during bootup.

I'm not sure if this is a problem for others, but it is for me.

50 would be 50% CPU time probably

Have you tried the 1.6.1.31 TeaTimer from this thread? Download link is in post #21. Also includes a .reg file to enable a verbose debug mode, in which case Resident.log would tell you where exactly it hangs. Would be very helpful if you could test that

Thanks PepiMK, I'll consider it when I have the time.

Lightbulb i think this is a suggestion thread for spybot program right?

I have suggestions on how we can improve program updates:
    I already made a new thread, but i thought i would add it here so no one can miss it.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32318

Lightbulb I have another suggestion :)

I noted that many users also post about not liking the clean temp files feature that spybot asks about upon launch of the program. I think there should be a question in future releases (upon first launch of spybot) that asks the user if they want the temp file clean enabled by default upon launch of spybot. I also think it should say, note: disabling this option will make scans slower then if this option was enabled. Also, i think you should be able to change that option in the settings page as well in case the user changes there mind.

What do you think?
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-08-19 at 05:39.

I did add a feature request entry for this
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=278

Lightbulb ah

thanks very much PepiMK

Default Suggestion: Making all tools as Standalone Executables

You can make a tools as standalone executables.
    Like that you can keep more tools open. And if you can, you can add on Spybot-S&D Main Menu the Tools button which shows all availble Tools.
    It could make a better look if all icons are changed. Some icons (Skins, Hosts, action buttons and especially Ignore Cookies) have never been changed.
    But, there is something that I don't like. In 1.6, when you click on Update, it automatically looks for updates. I want to update manually.

Lightbulb ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    ....In 1.6, when you click on Update, it automatically looks for updates. I want to update manually.....
    ya same here, when i click update on the left side of the program, it searches automatically. This makes it harder to select beta updates for download, etc. In the older spybot program, when you clicked search for updates, it searched automatically which is fine. But then if you wanted to select other options beforehand such as beta updates, clicking the "update" button on the left side panel would give you options and then you would press search. The right click teatimer option "search for updates" searches automatically, along with the button "search for updates" in the spybot program. Those are fine. But i think "update" found on the left panel of the spybot program should allow again like it did in previous versions, to click beta updates and then be able to click search instead of it searching automatically.

Hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-09-04 at 05:50.