Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
    I have been using Spybot for some time. Most recemend it hightly. I just found this V2 and gave it a try.

1. This is huge, 45MB vs 16MB for version 1.6
    2. The program UI is huge as well. Mind boggling at the least.
    3. It looked more like a V8 or at least a V5, not V2 with all the changes.
    4. I don't like processes running at startup. I see nowhere where you can stop the tray icon within the program from running. I had to us M$ Config to do so. While I understand the purpose of it running for real time monitoring, not having ability to stop it from loading is a issue AFAIC!

I hate to be negative, since this obviously took a hell of a lot of effort, but this is too much too soon. It needs to be a V2, not a V8.
    1. We commented on the size before - this will still decrease, but during beta, it makes testing easier.

2. Huge? In what terms? See the new thread about UI changes, and feel free to suggest improvements to make it less huge

3. A step in the major version number to us means a rewrite of most code. Can't quite understand your version arguments, did you suggest we should skip version numbers?

4. Good point. But Live Protection without the tray is not having any user interaction, and that means it's "essential" and if it would be easy to stop it from starting up, the chance of many people having issues because they didn't know what turning this off means is increasing a lot.

Negative feedback is probably more important than positive one, since it helps us make things better
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default global whitelist of certificated software wanted, therefor this installs not scanned

it would be more better, if the support betwenn spybot and software-installations would be better and an active spybot would not lead into failing installations. here should exist something like a global whitelist, (certificated software) which contains a list of known good, frequently used software (like crom microsoft, corel, adobe, etc.) therefore this software-installs would not be scanned and/or affected from scanner or live-protection.

what if spybot can block network connection to ad sites or simply block ads.

Providing browser "sandbox" feature will be good. Like doing the browsing activities in a sandbox application, this we are not going to be afraid of sites that has malwares.

jagdish530 and robot5552012: good ideas!

spybot also should controll the activity (what it does) of program, when they are running

Default Allow (Ignore) single Folders, Process and Apps

It should be able to add single Folders to a Ignore-List, so they are not touched from the scanner-service, (background-guard) and scan.
    If also single Process and Apps could be added to a Ignore-List, to always allow them, this would also be better.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    It should be able to add single Folders to a Ignore-List, so they are not touched from the scanner-service, (background-guard) and scan.
    If also single Process and Apps could be added to a Ignore-List, to always allow them, this would also be better.
    yes! whitelisting...

Quote Originally Posted by Karolinger View Post
    yes! whitelisting...
    whitelisting is not what i want. whitelisting works only once and only on a clean installed system. and u cannot ignore single folders with whitelisting

Default rootkis

spybot should be able to detect rootkits

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    spybot should be able to detect rootkits
    There is already a Rootkit Scanner integrated.