Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Suggestions

There are no posts in this beta area, so I wonder if I can make a suggestion for future SB versions…I have a few but one that sticks out in my head right now is.

There should be some type of process killer in SB, for those programs that are currently running in the background, like huntbar, hotbar…etc. So you don’t have to restart and scan again and still have the same problem for some of those hard to kill spyware progs that embed themselves in the login and still start before SB can.

Just a suggestion, I have lots of thoughts that go through this head of mine, so if your looking for any other user insight feel free to ask, I would be more than happy to help you guys/gals out.

Thank you for the great service.
    - gcRez.
    Last edited by gcRez; 2005-10-26 at 17:01.

Bitman

My fault....I know SpyBot has a process kill in it and I have used it, I should have gone into a bit more detail as to explain that I meant a automatic process kill, if it's known spyware and can't get rid of it...kill it and then get rid of it.

I tell allot of people about SpyBot, and when I ask them how they liked it, I usually get the same response, that it works great but it can't get rid of one program because it's running, the average user really doesn't know squat about their computer, and even less about what to do when you get spy ware.

I’m not making suggestions to step on any ones toes, All of you working on SB have been doing a great job.

- gcRez

P.s. I've gone through SB very thoroughly….lets just say my score was 82
    Last edited by gcRez; 2005-10-27 at 16:46.

Default Question

Just a question.....

Have you guys ever considered incorporating a packet sniffer with teatimer?
    Monitoring ports for unnecessary traffic could be a useful tool for unknown spyware.

just asking

thank you
    -gcRez

since this is a suggestion thread, I will add one here now.

I would love to see the next version have an options in settings to HIDE ICON, TeaTimer icon, thats normally sits in system try.

I presently add key to registry, though would be neat to have it present in next version.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD]
    "TeaTimerHide"=dword:00000001

(I have asked for this recently, but since old forum is dead, thought I would bring it up again.)

would be nice it it loaded quicker

its doing a small scan when it starts up. So speed of your rig will make a differance here

Esteemed Member

Actually, the old forum is alive again and the old posts are available. The URL changed to http://net-integration.us/forums/index.php

Edit: nt all the old posts as some boards are missing.
    Last edited by Rosenfeld; 2005-11-05 at 02:03.

Default Suggestion for SBS&D UPDATES . . .

"PepiMK,"

I know you are probably asleep at this time. Not a problem for me anyway, get some needed rest.

My suggestion, I know this is not the proper place but it is along the same lines as some of the work you are talking about here and even with any or all of the other software you are working on.

I made this suggestion to AntiVir® of H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, I think you may know of them. They took about 8 months to implement this. The suggestion was made about a year ago, they started the ßeta testing on it about 8 months ago and I was one of the testers for them. It works GREAT, the download was getting to be in the area of 1Meg and now they are greatly reduced and being on a dialup it has reduced my download time from about 22 min. to about 1.5-2 min.

To save yourselves some bandwidth and maybe create a little bit of a head-ache to figure how to do this. We have the largest part of the 'DetectionRules' installed all we need is any additions. I have not heard of any removals, but; we will allow them if you feel they are needed. When we come to you for the updates send only the additions and then they can be merged alphabetically, shuffled and then dealt to the proper area, how ever you like would be fine with us. Then the only info we would have to download would be a small progy that would do this in background and the download would not have to keep growing (945K and up) each time there is an update. I know this is a programmers KnightMare, would like to do some of this to assist you, but; being only a USER and not a Geekizoid, Nerd, Hacker, etceteras, just a retired Electronics Techy with approx 58 years experience/w Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical, Mechanical training and experience. All I can do is suggest, that is if it is AOK with you?

If you would like some maybe more suggestions on how to do this I have some ideas, but; you probably have better ones than mine.

I await your return,

Moved from RunAlyzer Forum. - tashi

Thank you very much 'Tashi', was not really sure of the proper placement for this.

CU L8R,
    LL
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2005-11-14 at 15:48.
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenfeld
    Actually, the old forum is alive again and the old posts are available. The URL changed to http://net-integration.us/forums/index.php

Edit: nt all the old posts as some boards are missing.
    Hi Rosenfeld.
    The url had been changed about a week ago.
    I receive the same Board Off-Line message.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thumbs up Tea Timer Suggestion - Hide Icon Option

Hello all,
    I've been using Spybot S&D for quite a while now, and have been very pleased. Thanks to all involved. I would rather my first suggestion about the program have been more monumental, but this is all I've got.

I'm a big fan of an uncluttered desktop, and I'd like to see an option to hide the Tea Timer icon in the system tray. It's a small thing, but hey, it's the only thing I've come up with since I've started using the program.

Cheers to the programmers and developers that have thought of everything else. It's refreshing to see a concise program work so well.