Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default add 127.0.0.1 localhost to blocklist in hosts

Hello,
    I would have a suggestion for the immunize function. In particular for the modification of the hosts file.
    I don't know if it is the immunize function that sometimes messes up or if the user have messed up their hosts before, but about once every two month I treat a case on the forums where the user is terribly scared cause his PC is connecting to 007guard.com all over the place.

The reason usually is that 127.0.0.1 localhost is missing and the first line has become 127.0.0.1 007guard.com, so that all connections connectiong to localhost are then showing as connecting to 007guard.com.
    I thought it might be worth a shot to add "127.0.0.1 localhost" as a first line of the list for immunizing hosts, to prevent this kind of scare. I imagine this would be easy to implement and would prevent the FP.

regards myrti

Question Remember my decision

Spybot 1.6.2 has an option to "remember my decision". So I don't have to click deny everytime a registry change pops up. It it possible to have same feature in Spybot 2 too?

Default Adding a 'pause' feature

I'm wondering why a feature as seemingly simple to implement and so useful (IMO) when needing more resources while Spybot is running than the machine has available isn't already part of the application?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Markg2 View Post
    I'm wondering why a feature as seemingly simple to implement and so useful (IMO) when needing more resources while Spybot is running than the machine has available isn't already part of the application?

Mark
    Hello Mark,

there is a Pause button in Spybot-S&D 1.6.2. You need to check the option "Show expert button in the result list." in the settings pane to have it shown. I do not know why it is so well hidden though.

In the current beta of Spybot-S&D 2.0 a Pause button is available by default.

daemon

Thanks--no way I would have found the thing!

Mark

Well, not so fast. I've confirmed that the box is now checked off but when the scan runs I still only have the one selection horizontal bar that says stop the check. Is there another level of mystery here that I'm missing ;-)?

Quote Originally Posted by Markg2 View Post
    Well, not so fast. I've confirmed that the box is now checked off...
    It needs to be on, not off.

daemon

Well the box is checked and the statement says, 'show...' so that's on but at least on this computer on doesn't equal on.

Thanks anyway--

Mark

If anything possible about his suggestion...
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...99&postcount=3

As of July 22, 2011, Spybot running in startup has caused my computer to fail to load correctly with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I am running Windows 7, no service packs, x64 bit system. I had to disable it in safe mode for my computer to start. I wanted to notify you all so that you could look into it.

These were the startup commands I had to disable:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDTray.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDCleaner.exe /autoclean
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDistTestConsole

I have a hunch it might have to do with the TestConsole.