Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    As for the other stuff, you're right there of course, but I wonder what you would think about the bootable CD thing (insert a CD, boot from it, clean stuff while your system is inactive and malware can not interact/conflict) compared to your suggestions?
    The bootable CD would be a good thing, very certainly. That's something to want to have handy at all times. Sometimes I see some haphazardly thrown together Linux bootable CD with stuff that then doesn't do so much. But would be neat to have this for Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    As for the direction of comparing things, did you see this blog post? I tried to explain a bit about the difference of the two possible approaches and why we feel a hybrid would work best.
    O.K. I'll read this. You probably already do the right thing then. Just wish there was some magic to make it all go faster.

do you think you could take a look at adding support for this to the app becouse this will not only make the program a whole better but more user friendly to. http://www.CompatDB.org http://compatdb.org/faq-96.html. and could you possable add support for http://www.ntcompatible.com witch is ran by same people as CompatDB.org

The CompatDB.org project is an attempt to create a free (as in the freedom) standard for user submitted compatibility lists as well free compatibility lists for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. The provided compatibility lists as well the XML-based CompatDB.org document format are licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) and can be used in both open source and commercial projects for free.

I didn't find a single product with the newest version or even a next-to-newest one listed, but more important: how would you thing it should be integrated? Just by itself, it would be far from anything else by topic (and in this case, looking p things online would always be more up-to-date). In the tools section, System Startup and Uninstall list installed software in a way, but do these entries use the exactly same names as Uninstall entries for example? I does not seem so, and associating thousands ore more of entries with additional data so that it could be used does look a bit time consuming.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I have some suggestion for the Spybot team.

Resident available for Firefox.
    Better detection for ad-ware, malwares, dialers, keyloggers, trojans and worms.
    Reduce memory usage during scan.
    Increase the amount of updated threats.
    More updates(not weekly).

An idea (I'm not sure if it's already getting implemented.).
    Integrating SDDT in Spybot 2.0 or later.
    Adding more testing features to SDDT.
    Uploading malware samples for instance
    (or at least the information that is needed for more research, hahses, location file(s), and such.)
    Last edited by Rouke; 2009-12-13 at 18:34. Reason: adding small bit of text

Default Suggestion for Spybot 2.0

It's probably too late to post this suggestion for Spybot 2.0 but I wanted to suggest providing a separate icon for accessing the Spybot logs. I tend to configure Spybot to run as automated as possible to make it as easy as possible for people to run it. This way, I can "train" them to simply click the Spybot icon on a weekly basis and it will automatically update and immunize the system.

Accessing logs with Spybot 1.6.2 is a pain since I have to wait for the automated functions to complete before I can access the Spybot console window.

I do realize I can access the logs from Windows Explorer but that requires changing folder options to reveal otherwise hidden folders.

Spybot 1.6.2 has a separate update icon in the Spybot folder in the start menu and I think adding a separate "view logs" icon would provide quick access to the Spybot logs, for those who configure Spybot as I do.

Peace...

Hello,

There will be a special icon for the logs in Spybot 2.0.
    You will find an outlook at Spybot 2.0 here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Spybot- FileShreader

Spybot- FileShreader

this already has 'templates' to shread specific directories, im more than curious why the recycle bin directory wasnt included in it, as it would logically be one of the more pertinant places to use it?

My suggestion is to get this new version out before Spybot becomes totally irrelevant. It's amazing how many users have dropped the product lately. The current version is outdated and it makes the situation even worse when it takes so long to catch up. I really mean well but this 2.0 development has taken waaaay too long guys, MBAM & SAS (among others) have taken the ball and ran away with it. I would like to use S&D but there's no point anymore, it's just not as good as the alternatives. What's more, the alternatives continue to pull further away while development drags along for V 2.0. These days you can't take this long between development cycles, whether that's good or bad it's simply the way things are.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Watasha View Post
    My suggestion is to get this new version out before Spybot becomes totally irrelevant. It's amazing how many users have dropped the product lately.
    I'll admit, if it weren't for the immunization there would be no case for keeping Spybot on my system; I've even disabled TeaTimer because it bogged down my system with no real benefit. Now I just navigate to my Spybot folder, run the updater, then open Spybot and go straight to Immunize and that's it.