Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Hello ,

Is there a way now , in v1.5x , to allow Spybot to scan other Drives other than "C" ?

Scott.................

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Scott:

There are no settings within Spybot to scan specific drives and it is not normally necessary. Unlike anti-virus programs and some other anti-spyware programs, Spybot does not do an in-depth scan of every file on the primary drive. For a brief description of how Spybot scans see:

There is a special scan for Spyware installers (files not installed yet) that can be limited to specific directories (actually it should be limited) which can be located on either internal or external drives. To activate this feature go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Directories and add directories. There is more on what this feature scans for here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Lightbulb Scan a file option in resident

I was wondering if you could add an option to scan a file when the resident blocks a registry change.
    I'm currently using Spybot S&D 1.4, great program btw, and am not sure whether it already has this.
    Thanks

The TeaTimer in 1.5 indeed has some lists that tell it how the monitored registry entries are linked to files, and scans those files if found
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thumbs up Sugestion

My only suggestion for this great program would be a pause scan button, while scanning.

This exists in 1.5

You need to go to the settings and check the options to display all buttons though.

Smile More suggestions

heh, thanks for the response. Now that my only suggestion has been resolved, i can only consider spybot s&d to be 99.9% perfect!

Thanks for all your hard work on this essential software!

Another suggestion would be aswell as a progress bar, is it possible to also have a percentage count aswell. Now im being a little picky!

And also, when a new version of spybot is available, show a link to the download page in the updater window aswell. You could also include an option to check for beta program updates or even have a direct download link to the files.

And finally, during a scan, show the time remaining of the scan, to give people a rough idea of how long the scan would take.
    Last edited by honda12; 2007-12-21 at 00:17.

Default my input

honda12 last post i agree with.
    Addaware was good, why cant spybot tell you the registry being scanned, and memory, and active spyware products in memmory etc, and an estimate scan

-I WANT to see an option to kill running processes, like for real,
    -and the ability to remove items on boot, like right lick them and select 'remove on boot',
    -and the option to uninstall any program, like those nasty pricks that wont uninstall.
    -And the option to lock the entire internet but spybot so spybot can download the latest updates and the spyware/trojans on your pc cant download friends and update themselves and hog internet use before you remove them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

What exactly is an "option to ill running processes, like for real"? Is our method in any way "unreal"?

And Spybot-S&D asks you whether you want to remove items on reboot if you can't reboot them, why confusing the user with another option to do that from the context menu?

What exactly would be "an option to uninstall any program"... if Spybot-S&D doesn't complete remove something, you can always inform our detectives and they will improve detection for that program... or you can even write detection files yourself... but the "option to uninstall any program" is usually called "format c:"

The last one is a good idea to keep in mind though