Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Suggestions

Suggestions

There are no posts in this beta area, so I wonder if I can make a suggestion for future SB versions…I have a few but one that sticks out in my head right now is.

There should be some type of process killer in SB, for those programs that are currently running in the background, like huntbar, hotbar…etc. So you don’t have to restart and scan again and still have the same problem for some of those hard to kill spyware progs that embed themselves in the login and still start before SB can.

Just a suggestion, I have lots of thoughts that go through this head of mine, so if your looking for any other user insight feel free to ask, I would be more than happy to help you guys/gals out.

Thank you for the great service.
    - gcRez.
    Last edited by gcRez; 2005-10-26 at 17:01.

Default Question

Just a question.....

Have you guys ever considered incorporating a packet sniffer with teatimer?
    Monitoring ports for unnecessary traffic could be a useful tool for unknown spyware.

just asking

thank you
    -gcRez

Thumbs up Tea Timer Suggestion - Hide Icon Option

Hello all,
    I've been using Spybot S&D for quite a while now, and have been very pleased. Thanks to all involved. I would rather my first suggestion about the program have been more monumental, but this is all I've got.

I'm a big fan of an uncluttered desktop, and I'd like to see an option to hide the Tea Timer icon in the system tray. It's a small thing, but hey, it's the only thing I've come up with since I've started using the program.

Cheers to the programmers and developers that have thought of everything else. It's refreshing to see a concise program work so well.

Exclamation I have loads of ideas.

I have loads of ideas, so please get back to me A.S.P. I have about 59-65 ideas to improve Spy-bot. If y0ou don't i will make your program, not very good, because your competor is Micosoft. My ideas come from them, becasue I really don't like them. if you put these ideas to work it will make your program work a lot better.

Default Suggestion

Two words: Compressed updates
    1.3mb per update is getting a little harsh for 56k and similar and spending an hour at a client to fix a machine isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDedd
    Two words: Compressed updates
    1.3mb per update is getting a little harsh for 56k and similar and spending an hour at a client to fix a machine isn't fun.
    you gotta be kidding me!

forget it, BrainDedd! The spybot updates arent going to get any smaller each time a new update is released. get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    you gotta be kidding me!

forget it, BrainDedd! The spybot updates arent going to get any smaller each time a new update is released. get used to it.
    Better yet, BrainDedd, dump your 56k connection and get broadband internet access by either your local cable company or DSL provider so you wont have to worry about your slow, unreliable 56k internet connections.

Default Suggestion

Maybe can in `Ignore Products` be some information like Example in cookie list HitBox:+ Hitbox (expanded - HitBox Cookie
    Other suggestion:For skinner 1.1:Create or edit icons and pictures right to the toolbar,support for skinner 1.0 and 1.1.
    Fix in TeaTimer.
    And SpyBot-Search & Destroy screensaver (for this need time).
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-08-07 at 21:12. Reason: removed email address

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    Better yet, BrainDedd, dump your 56k connection and get broadband internet access by either your local cable company or DSL provider so you wont have to worry about your slow, unreliable 56k internet connections.
    Please let's keep it civil.

Also, not everyone has access to cable/DSL.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default parental control

if it is not to much of a suggestion, a parental control should be included in 1.5