Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

One suggestion would be:

Integrating "ClearType" into Spybot's text. It makes it much more easier to read.

Such things should be handled by the framework (Delphis VCL) actually, but I might take a look at where it could be influenced

Meanwhile, 1.6 beta 1 is currently tested whether we it's fit to be made public...
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Perhaps a little request :

Ability to play some sound when scan has finished.

Take a look at the Settings page, you can already set up different sounds for a clean vs. an non-clean end of the scan

Ah. Now I've got one.

I used to use TeaTimer all the time, lols, however problem is that TeaTimer will take up around 45-50MB of memory when the computer has been idle for, say 45 minutes.

I've checked the Task Manager during the first few minutes after boot up and TT was using around 35MB. It slowly rose after time.

Pepi, I was wondering if you could cut down the memory usage of TeaTimer. I find it quite useful, but even on 512MB of RAM, I don't like the sound of the cooling fan when I'm running TT and Firefox simultaneously. Thanks.

Lightbulb immunise suggestion

Here's another one:

I recently installed Opera (9.50) and only used it for a day or two (a reason for this is because, as you may know - I LOVE FIREFOX!!! WOOO!!! ) <--- sorry for caps! Anyway, before using Opera I immunised it with Spybot, but after I un-installed Opera, the Opera immunisation profile was still in Spybot

Spybot should be able to detect if a browser is un-installed and if so, delete the immunisation profile

More...

You could have a 'Delete browser profile' option in the context menu on the immunisation page, but you would only have this option in advanced mode
    Last edited by honda12; 2008-06-19 at 00:06.

@drragostea: before I implement the last TeaTimer feature for 1.6, I'll have another go at monitoring its memory usage.

@honda12: advanced mode sounds very necessary
    Still not quite sure there though, detecting "uninstalled" browsers might be tricky, profiles are usually not exactly linked to one specific executable.
    The Firefox profile folder is used for Firefox 3 even if Firefox 2 is "installed", for example. Opera can have profiles everywhere, and if I have three different Opera versions installed and remove just one, which profile should I remove?

Maybe a small stand-alone tool for separate download for those people who wonder and come looking for a solution would be better?

Default right click File, properties tab scan to be shifted to right click context menu

The file properties dialog scan as i understand has been made optional by ensuring that it doesn't start until u click on hte s&d tab. But i request you to change the name of the tab to scan with s&d or better put an option to start a files scan on the right click menu itself [context menu i think] like most antivirus prog's.
    i.e:
    now: Right click on file/folder-> properties->sp.bot s&d to start scan
    suggestion:(right click on file/folder->[click]Scan with S&D)

this will also prevent crowding of the file properties dialog with tabs

Default 1.6 beta 2 items

OK the skin is holding on this release.

but,

1. I'd like to be able to stop that popup box that wants to delete temp files that starts even before you get to S&D. I'd rather have that within the program. Besides I am a dialup user, and do not clean out my temp IE folder as much to save time.

2. This version still opens to the "settings" page of the program. I hope it will be corrected in next update to open back at the main page.

@HOODYE8:
    1. There you have luck
    It's undocumented and unofficial, but should work in beta 2:
    Need option to disable temp folder cleaning
    2. Will be looked at as I wrote above somewhere I think

@outspoken: funny thing: usually find the context menu too crowded instead of the properties tab
    But in the long term, it'll lead to what you described, because it fit's better into the overall concept