Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Spybot 2.0.4(aka Beta 2) is stable for some people, and others have problems with it. Everyone knows that use of a beta version is totally used on your own risk. Even the Spybot team says so. An average PC-user should not use a beta version because of their bugs.
    Last edited by imageek; 2011-07-22 at 21:04.

I understood the risks before I installed Beta and accepted them. I just wanted to report it in case others had the same issue and a bug needed to be fixed. Beta is aiming to become stable for all users, so I wanted to help, but if that error is common then I do apologize.

No worries. It's nice to see people who helps the Spybot team to improve. The more people who install the beta and report bugs and make suggestions to improvements, the better the program will be.

Exclamation Interface problem

Hello all,

I am requesting that I at least be able to have everything happen in one main window not so many pop-up little ones.

This has been a very annoying trend I find with a lot of software these days. Seems like a step backward. I don't mind if it can be "optional" to set it this way. I am really tired of repositioning and re-sizing windows all day.

Windows itself is absolutely the WORST offender. Whats with all those unresizable dialogs etc that never remember anything about anything.

ITS 2011 BILL !!!

OK ... rant over

I will say; however, that Spybot is still a great program. I'll also add that I was pleased that at least IT did remember my window positions and sizes. I'd just like to see a return to being able to do everything in one window if I so choose thus avoiding setting up all those window positions and sizes in the first place.

Keep up the good work

Floyd
    Vancouver BC
    Canada

Default Beta 2 working well ... Windows 7 Premium X64

Day 2 of operation and all is well...
    I went through it and set it up the way I always have. Pretty much manual Except for update.

Not sure if I'll be able to spend the time to go through all the possible scenarios, but doing file scan, system scan, updating ... they all worked well. I have on-access turned off because of the 2 other software doing that function here.
    Sophos 9 enterprise type anti-virus with on-access scanning plus Malwarebytes real time enabled also. (Sophos seems very sensitive to many things but at least I get a warning and can research further. I have it set to heuristic ultra paranoid mode and it lives up to it, it seems) quite a few false positives but I'm sure the University network that supplies it likes it that way :-)

just an FYI

Floyd
    Vancouver
    Canada

Last edited by floydlloyd; 2011-07-31 at 02:07. Reason: added better description of running environment

Yea, it's quite annoying it's popping up a new window all the time when you're trying to access a new "entrance".

Default spybot search and destroy should have clean on reboot option

hi spybot search and destroy should have clean at reboot it ensures effective malware cleanup it has been already implemented in lavasoft spyware doctor

One suggestion:

Since it will confuse a lot of the users, and probably the users who don't know so much, you should remove the "Antispyware & Antivirus Protection" in the interface. You should rather rename it, because Spybot isn't an anti-virus application, it's an anti-malware application. If you rename it to "Antispyware & Antimalware Protection", it would be better, because I think there are users who think Spybot is an anti virus application, and therefore they remove their current anti virus, and replace it with Spybot. And there are plenty of people that doesn't enter Spybot's homepage and read the tips made(don't know if I can say it this way, my mother tongue isn't english).

Thanks,
    Imageek

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Some thoughts for PE users of version 2

Perhaps these have been discussed already, but I don't see them...

1. It would be nice to be able to exclude entire drives from scanning. Maybe there is one already, but I don't see it. When running under Windows PE, I think it's safe to assume no need to scan drive X and (sometimes) drive Y. Not a big deal.
    2. It sure would be nice to be able to update from the command line (e.g. when building a PE) and have all windows close automatically when done. The old "SDUpdate.exe /autoupdate /autoclose" doesn't close the main update window when finished.